Peace and Love Walk

By Leslie Kolovich


When my eyes open each morning, I’m greeted with the sight of the beautiful marsh grasses of coastal dune lake Camp Creek. I have the privilege and responsibility of living near this rare jewel. My dogs wait patiently for me as I breathe in the morning view before my feet hit the floor.


They are both Australian cattle dogs, and they have to do their best to herd me past the living room to the front door without stopping to see the morning news. I think they instinctively know that I’m a better person if they can get me outside first. They are good dogs, and I highly recommend them.


We are living in a time like none I have ever seen in my life. It most certainly is testing my peace and love walk in a way that demands me to really ask myself—how deeply do I believe this?


Well, I believe it deeply.


It was just a year and four months ago that I went through a life-altering experience. I found myself in an emergency room in Salt Lake City, Utah twice within four days with severe neck pain and the right side of my body turning to mush. I had a CT scan, a spinal tap and an MRI along with multiple pain medications. When the medications were not penetrating the intense pain, I knew this was not just arthritis.


It was the MRI results that brought the on-call neurosurgeon to my bedside, telling me I had a very rare tumor inside my spinal cord at C-2 and C-3. My husband was in Florida at the time listening in on a speakerphone when the surgeon said, “If we don’t try to take this out, she will be paralyzed to the point she cannot breath on her own within three to five days.”


There had been only two other cases with a tumor like mine in the state of Utah, and through the guidance of angels the surgeon standing in front of me was the one who operated successfully on both of them.


My husband was by my bedside within 24 hours, and our girls were there the day after him. A surgery team was put together and the room booked and prepared for eight to 10 hours of delicate surgery.


The night before the surgery, my surgeon came to my bedside—with my family all there—telling us the truth of the situation. Lets just put it this way—there was a high chance that he would not be able to remove all of the tumor, which would mean I may still have severe paralysis. And there was a high chance I would not even make it through the surgery.


The word had gone out on social media for prayers and healing energy. It was incredible to hear how many prayer lists, prayer circles, Reiki, and meditation groups I was on. Even when facing my own mortality, I have never felt so calm.


The peace and love that was flowing from so many cradled me. A miracle happened, and no one could believe it at first when the doctor came out of the surgery room after only six hours to tell my family he was able to get 100 percent of the tumor and it was benign.


There is more to this story, and perhaps I’ll do a part two, but the gist I want to emphasize is that there is no stopping the miracles that can happen when peace and love are the priorities in our daily walks.

Spread the love

Add Comment

Click here to post a comment

  • camilles-ad.jpg
  • dewey-destin-ad.jpg
  • camilles2-ad2.jpg

  • Local Guides

    Art Galleries

    Your guide to Art Galleries in Destin, Fort Walton Beach, Santa Rosa Beach, Niceville, and Watersound.

    Happy Hours

    It’s happy hour in Destin, Fort Walton Beach, Rosemary Beach, and Shalimar!


    Services on the Beach. Destin, Fort Walton, Miramar Beach, and 30A / South Walton