SATURDAY, NOV. 9
KITE FILM FEST
Club LA, Destin, Doors Open at 6 PM
This year’s selections at the FREE short film showcase include All Boys Die, Body Hackers, and Clown College.
TUESDAY, NOV. 12
JIMMY CHIN AND ELIZABETH CHAI VASARHELYI’S “FREE SOLO”
The REP Theater, Seaside, 7:30 PM
Academy Award winning documentary about Alex Honnold’s quest to climb the face of 3,000-foot El Capitan in Yosemite National Park…without a rope! Tickets are $12.50 ($10 for REP members).
FRIDAY, NOV. 22
JOHN MADDEN’S “THE BEST EXOTIC MARIGOLD HOTEL”
Walton County Coastal Library, Santa Rosa Beach, 3:15 PM
A group of British pensioners move to a retirement home in India. With Judi Dench, Bill Nighy, Maggie Smith, Tom Wilkinson and Dev Patel. Presented by the Coastal Seniors of South Walton, Inc. Call 850-267-2809.
FRIDAY, NOV. 29
ROBERT ZEMECKIS’ “THE POLAR EXPRESS”
The Village of Baytowne Wharf, Sandestin, 6 PM
Grab your lawn chairs and enjoy a FREE screening of the Tom Hanks animated favorite, based on the children’s book by Chris Van Allsburg.
- Art Classes & Workshops
- Art Events
- Art Galleries
- Artist Joey McKenna Steps into Nature This Month at SoWal Library
- Call to Artists
- Adopt a Family for the Holidays
- Community Bank Invests $15,000 in NWF State College Students
- Making an Impact: Over $500K Awarded to Local Nonprofits
- Caring and Sharing: Café Thirty-A’s Annual Christmas Charity Ball
- Hold the Dishwashing, Please… Thanksgiving Dining Out Options
- North Beach Tortilla Co. Offers Sand and Sunsets in Santa Rosa Beach
- Overproof, Full Proof and Navy Strength Rums…and the Cocktails That Love Them
- Restaurant Guide
- Rosemary Beach Prohibition Repeal Wine Dinner Set for Dec. 7
- Where to Spend Your Happy Hours
- It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Hallmark!
- Local Film Screenings
- Reviews: Dafoe and Pattinson Shine in “Lighthouse,” Eddie Gets His Dolemite On
- Eric Paslay’s Favorite Live Tracks
- Live Music
- Rock Stars of Comedy… Gallagher Is Coming to Town
- The Pauseandplay.com Record Roundup
- The Record That Changed My Life: Al Alvarado
Harbor Docks Celebrates 25 Years of Thanksgiving Tradition
By Chris Manson Former Harbor Docks owner and Beachcomber contributing writer Charles Morgan credits longtime employee Ann Jones (a/k/a Miss Ann) with the idea of opening the restaurant on Thanksgiving Day....
Where to Spend Your Happy Hours
Baxter’s Bar & Grille 605 James Lee Road Fort Walton Beach 850-812-6868 When: 3-6 PM and 10 PM-Midnight daily. Closed Mondays (for now). Drink Specials: $3 wells, $2 drafts. Camille’s at Crystal...
North Beach Tortilla Co. Offers Sand and Sunsets in Santa Rosa Beach
By Lauren Sage Reinlie Northwest Florida has a new spot to unwind and soak up all the beauty the area has to offer. Chef Jim Shirley’s North Beach Tortilla Co....
Upcoming Stage Shows
FRIDAY, NOV. 8-SATURDAY, NOV. 9 STAGE CRAFTERS’ “THE PAJAMA GAME” Fort Walton Beach Civic Auditorium, 7:30 PM StageCraftersFWB.com Tickets are $25. Cast includes Tim Bartley, Terry Carnathan, David Chancellor, Gabriella Dedmore, Azhia...
Making an Impact: Over $500K Awarded to Local Nonprofits
The members of IMPACT 100 of Northwest Florida voted and announced recently the grant recipients for 2019, awarding five $101,600 grants. Representatives of each nonprofit organization named as a finalist were present,...
Rock Stars of Comedy… Gallagher Is Coming to Town
By Nikki Hedrick Not many comedians reach household name status. Gallagher, by his account, has logged over 4,000 shows and over a dozen comedy TV specials, and has only been slightly...