Mountainfilm on Tour returns to WaterColor Inn & Resort’s Marina Park Amphitheater Nov. 1 and 2, with films that explore themes connected to Mountainfilm’s mission of using the power of film, art and ideas to inspires audiences to create a better world.
A two-night outdoor film festival dedicated to educating, inspiring and motivating audiences about issues that matter, the 19th Annual Mountainfilm on Tour brings a selection of culturally rich, adventure-packed and incredibly inspiring documentary films curated from the Mountainfilm festival held every Memorial Day weekend in Telluride, Colorado.
This year’s film lineup includes R.A.W. Tuba, Detroit Hives, The Wild Inside, and the featured film, How to Run 100 Miles, which will be presented on Friday night. WaterColor’s Marina Park offers a breathtaking outdoor setting and starry backdrop to enhance the inspiring films. A Mountainfilm presenter will guide the audience through the program, providing insight on the films, filmmakers and subject matters.
Each evening, gates open at 5:45 PM, with films beginning at 7 PM. Tickets are available online at www.mountainfilmfl.com, with discounted pricing offered prior to day of event. Single tickets are $40 and weekend tickets are $65 if purchased by Oct. 31. Day of event prices are $45 (single) and $75 (weekend).
Limited-edition 2019 Mountainfilm in WaterColor® shirts will also be available for purchase at the event, or may be purchased at Florida SweetTea Style ahead of the event for $30 each.
Additional events open to the public include:
– An early morning Coffee Talk with Jayson Sime from How to Run 100 Miles.
– An outdoor activity based on the featured film How to Run 100 Miles with BoatHouse Paddle Club.
– Kidz Kino, a mini-festival that features kid-friendly films for attendees’ ages 6-12, is available at the WaterColor LakeHouse; parents must be present to sign their children in and out of the venue.
Guests who stay at WaterColor Inn during Mountainfilm on Tour can take advantage of the Mountainfilm Festival Package, which includes two nights in a beachfront guest room at WaterColor Inn, as well as two complimentary tickets to both nights of the event. A special event package is also available at WaterSound Inn.
Mountainfilm on Tour at WaterColor® is hosted by the WaterColor Inn & Resort, in partnership with official sponsors Delta, WaterColor Community Association, and Visit South Walton.
- Art Classes & Workshops
- Art Events
- Art Galleries
- Artist Joey McKenna Steps into Nature This Month at SoWal Library
- Call to Artists
- Adopt a Family for the Holidays
- Community Bank Invests $15,000 in NWF State College Students
- Making an Impact: Over $500K Awarded to Local Nonprofits
- Caring and Sharing: Café Thirty-A’s Annual Christmas Charity Ball
- Hold the Dishwashing, Please… Thanksgiving Dining Out Options
- North Beach Tortilla Co. Offers Sand and Sunsets in Santa Rosa Beach
- Overproof, Full Proof and Navy Strength Rums…and the Cocktails That Love Them
- Restaurant Guide
- Rosemary Beach Prohibition Repeal Wine Dinner Set for Dec. 7
- Where to Spend Your Happy Hours
- It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Hallmark!
- Local Film Screenings
- Reviews: Dafoe and Pattinson Shine in “Lighthouse,” Eddie Gets His Dolemite On
- Eric Paslay’s Favorite Live Tracks
- Live Music
- Rock Stars of Comedy… Gallagher Is Coming to Town
- The Pauseandplay.com Record Roundup
- The Record That Changed My Life: Al Alvarado
Where to Spend Your Happy Hours
Baxter’s Bar & Grille 605 James Lee Road Fort Walton Beach 850-812-6868 When: 3-6 PM and 10 PM-Midnight daily. Closed Mondays (for now). Drink Specials: $3 wells, $2 drafts. Camille’s at Crystal...
Harbor Docks Celebrates 25 Years of Thanksgiving Tradition
By Chris Manson Former Harbor Docks owner and Beachcomber contributing writer Charles Morgan credits longtime employee Ann Jones (a/k/a Miss Ann) with the idea of opening the restaurant on Thanksgiving Day....
North Beach Tortilla Co. Offers Sand and Sunsets in Santa Rosa Beach
By Lauren Sage Reinlie Northwest Florida has a new spot to unwind and soak up all the beauty the area has to offer. Chef Jim Shirley’s North Beach Tortilla Co....
Upcoming Stage Shows
FRIDAY, NOV. 8-SATURDAY, NOV. 9 STAGE CRAFTERS’ “THE PAJAMA GAME” Fort Walton Beach Civic Auditorium, 7:30 PM StageCraftersFWB.com Tickets are $25. Cast includes Tim Bartley, Terry Carnathan, David Chancellor, Gabriella Dedmore, Azhia...
Making an Impact: Over $500K Awarded to Local Nonprofits
The members of IMPACT 100 of Northwest Florida voted and announced recently the grant recipients for 2019, awarding five $101,600 grants. Representatives of each nonprofit organization named as a finalist were present,...
Beachside Worship Services
ALIVE CHAPEL Sundays – coffee fellowship, 9 AM; praise and worship, 9:30 AM; pastor’s message, 10 AM. Located at 12381 U.S. 98, Miramar Beach. www.theALIVECHAPEL.org. CORPUS CHRISTI CATHOLIC CHURCH Mass schedule (through Sept....