- De’France Antiques just celebrated their 10-year anniversary but have only been in their current location for nine years. When De’France first opened, it was in a much smaller location further down Eglin Parkway.
- Mark and Stacie Hoard are not the original owners. They actually started out as vendors at De’France when it opened in 2009 and purchased the business in 2012.
- De’France truly is a family business with the help of Mark’s brother Bob and his wife June. And Mark and Stacie’s grandson Drake can be found running around the store on most days.
- All of the furniture in the front room of the store is painted by Mark, Stacie, Bob or June Hoard.
- Mark and Stacie’s Boston Terrier Porsha was at the store everyday until her passing in August 2017. She can be found on their business cards and coffee cups, as well as shirts (pictured with angel wings) in the front of the store.
- Lili is their new Red Boston Terrier, now 17 months and still learning the ropes of the antique business. The store is pet friendly. and other dogs come into Lili’s “home” on a daily basis.
- De’France is made up of around 130 vendors and artists at any given time. They utilize every square inch, even renting out the bathroom walls.
- The wings on the building’s east side were painted by Sonyai McSwain, one of the store’s vendors.
- The machine that De’France uses every week to make their delicious fudge came from Coach N Four Gifts, another great mom and pop store that operated in downtown Fort Walton Beach for many years.
- Mark and Stacie are both driven to support local missions in our communities. After Hurricane Michael, they left their store one or two days a week for three months. With the help of their employees, vendors, friends and church family, they delivered clothes, blankets, cleaning supplies and grill food each week in the hardest hit neighborhoods.
From September through May 2020, De’France will host an outdoor market with additional vendors. During these markets, they will grill hamburgers and hot dogs donating 100 percent of the cookout proceeds to local charities.
- Art Classes & Workshops
- Art Events
- Art Galleries
- Artist Joey McKenna Steps into Nature This Month at SoWal Library
- Call to Artists
- Adopt a Family for the Holidays
- Community Bank Invests $15,000 in NWF State College Students
- Making an Impact: Over $500K Awarded to Local Nonprofits
- Caring and Sharing: Café Thirty-A’s Annual Christmas Charity Ball
- Hold the Dishwashing, Please… Thanksgiving Dining Out Options
- North Beach Tortilla Co. Offers Sand and Sunsets in Santa Rosa Beach
- Overproof, Full Proof and Navy Strength Rums…and the Cocktails That Love Them
- Restaurant Guide
- Rosemary Beach Prohibition Repeal Wine Dinner Set for Dec. 7
- Where to Spend Your Happy Hours
- It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Hallmark!
- Local Film Screenings
- Reviews: Dafoe and Pattinson Shine in “Lighthouse,” Eddie Gets His Dolemite On
- Eric Paslay’s Favorite Live Tracks
- Live Music
- Rock Stars of Comedy… Gallagher Is Coming to Town
- The Pauseandplay.com Record Roundup
- The Record That Changed My Life: Al Alvarado
Harbor Docks Celebrates 25 Years of Thanksgiving Tradition
By Chris Manson Former Harbor Docks owner and Beachcomber contributing writer Charles Morgan credits longtime employee Ann Jones (a/k/a Miss Ann) with the idea of opening the restaurant on Thanksgiving Day....
Where to Spend Your Happy Hours
Baxter’s Bar & Grille 605 James Lee Road Fort Walton Beach 850-812-6868 When: 3-6 PM and 10 PM-Midnight daily. Closed Mondays (for now). Drink Specials: $3 wells, $2 drafts. Camille’s at Crystal...
North Beach Tortilla Co. Offers Sand and Sunsets in Santa Rosa Beach
By Lauren Sage Reinlie Northwest Florida has a new spot to unwind and soak up all the beauty the area has to offer. Chef Jim Shirley’s North Beach Tortilla Co....
Bob Luongo writes: “Two years ago my Jack Russell friend of 15 years died. Penny was my constant companion. For the last two years I’ve had many recurring dreams where I was...
Rock Stars of Comedy… Gallagher Is Coming to Town
By Nikki Hedrick Not many comedians reach household name status. Gallagher, by his account, has logged over 4,000 shows and over a dozen comedy TV specials, and has only been slightly...
Thursday, Nov. 7 AJ’S ON THE BAYOU, Fort Walton Beach HAYES & HOWLAND, 5-9 PM CAMILLE’S, Destin, CamillesAtCrystalBeach.com DEAN SADOWSKI, 3-5 PM G.I. JADE TIKI BAR AND BISTRO, Fort Walton Beach BOBBYD, 6-9 PM Ladies...