Panhandle-based film production company Lensea Film has announced they’ve received funding and met all approval requirements to shoot the pilot episode of a show called Micro Bros at SweetWater Brewery in Atlanta, Georgia.
Micro Bros features hosts Jared Michael Cramblet and Jarrod Michael Moxley as they discover authentic stories through visits to breweries while exploring the surrounding culture. “Think Bourdain meets beer,” said Mr. Cramblet. “Not that we’d ever be bold enough to compare ourselves and sense of storytelling to that of Bourdain, but we hope to bring some of those same feelings of adventure and curiosity to the show.”
Both Mr. Cramblet and Mr. Moxley have held the show concept close for nearly a decade, but it didn’t become a reality until Mr. Cramblet started working with Destyn Patera and his team with Lensea Film.
“I first met Destyn on set for a music video,” he said. “I soon learned he was doing outstanding work with the likes of Bubba Watson, Oakley, and one of my favorite bands, The Revivalists. He and I began to work closely with each other on a more frequent basis and I eventually shared the idea for Micro Bros with him.”
Upon sharing the idea with the Lensea Film crew, enthusiasm quickly followed, allowing the team to raise $45,000 to fund the production of the pilot episode and catch the attention of SweetWater Brewery, giving the team full access to film on location at the brewery.
“We quickly caught the attention of some really great partners, and are beyond excited to see our vision come full circle,” said Mr. Patera. “With production fully funded, we can properly execute our vision for the show.”
Although the budget for production is fully funded, the team will be launching a small crowdfunding campaign to aid with the costs of post-production, film festival entries, and general marketing costs upon completion.
“We will be shooting the pilot in November, with hopes to have a final product prepared for interested networks and streaming services in February 2020,” said Mr. Cramblet. “We’ve worked really hard to put together some packages for our backers that include a five-course beer dinner, a multi-brewery day tour, and some items like shirts, pint glasses and other swag. We can’t wait to show everyone what we’ve been working on!”
The Kickstarter campaign will run the entire month of September and can be viewed at www.kickstarter.com/projects/microbros/micro-bros-pilot-episode-at-sweetwater-brewery
– Special to Beachcomber
- Art Classes & Workshops
- Art Events
- Art Galleries
- Artist Joey McKenna Steps into Nature This Month at SoWal Library
- Call to Artists
- Adopt a Family for the Holidays
- Community Bank Invests $15,000 in NWF State College Students
- Making an Impact: Over $500K Awarded to Local Nonprofits
- Caring and Sharing: Café Thirty-A’s Annual Christmas Charity Ball
- Hold the Dishwashing, Please… Thanksgiving Dining Out Options
- North Beach Tortilla Co. Offers Sand and Sunsets in Santa Rosa Beach
- Overproof, Full Proof and Navy Strength Rums…and the Cocktails That Love Them
- Restaurant Guide
- Rosemary Beach Prohibition Repeal Wine Dinner Set for Dec. 7
- Where to Spend Your Happy Hours
- It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Hallmark!
- Local Film Screenings
- Reviews: Dafoe and Pattinson Shine in “Lighthouse,” Eddie Gets His Dolemite On
- Eric Paslay’s Favorite Live Tracks
- Live Music
- Rock Stars of Comedy… Gallagher Is Coming to Town
- The Pauseandplay.com Record Roundup
- The Record That Changed My Life: Al Alvarado