Submitted by Estelle Grengs
Hap—short for Hap Arnold—is a lab mix that Ms. Grengs rescued shortly after her yellow lab passed. “He stole our hearts and our other rescue Lulu the first time we saw him!” she tells Beachcomber.
Lulu is a rat terrier mix rescued from PAWS almost 10 years ago when the Grengs family was stationed at Hurlburt Field. “Since then, she has been to Germany, Nebraska, and back here to retire from the Air Force with us.
“Primo Bed and Biscuits kept our Lulu for a couple nights shortly after our yellow lab (affectionately called Big Mac) passed. We knew she was missing her buddy Mac. While at Primo, she bonded with Hap and two days later we were bringing Hap Arnold home.
“I said I’d never get another dog after losing our first, but I guess I was proven wrong!”
Hap loves to eat the bubbles from the bath and enjoys long walks and hugs. He dislikes yellow flies and thunderstorms.
Lulu loves to snuggle and is a quick runner, even with her extra weight. She sits on mom’s lap when she is in her art studio and loves treats and “stuffies.”
Both dogs love to chase squirrels and play tug of war with toys. “They make our house whole and keep us moving!” Estelle says.
“Adopt, don’t shop! There are so many sweethearts that are waiting for a forever home and need someone to love them. I believe they know what you’ve done for them and they will be loyal for life.”
- Art Classes & Workshops
- Art Events
- Art Galleries
- Artist Joey McKenna Steps into Nature This Month at SoWal Library
- Call to Artists
- Adopt a Family for the Holidays
- Community Bank Invests $15,000 in NWF State College Students
- Making an Impact: Over $500K Awarded to Local Nonprofits
- Caring and Sharing: Café Thirty-A’s Annual Christmas Charity Ball
- Hold the Dishwashing, Please… Thanksgiving Dining Out Options
- North Beach Tortilla Co. Offers Sand and Sunsets in Santa Rosa Beach
- Overproof, Full Proof and Navy Strength Rums…and the Cocktails That Love Them
- Restaurant Guide
- Rosemary Beach Prohibition Repeal Wine Dinner Set for Dec. 7
- Where to Spend Your Happy Hours
- It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Hallmark!
- Local Film Screenings
- Reviews: Dafoe and Pattinson Shine in “Lighthouse,” Eddie Gets His Dolemite On
- Eric Paslay’s Favorite Live Tracks
- Live Music
- Rock Stars of Comedy… Gallagher Is Coming to Town
- The Pauseandplay.com Record Roundup
- The Record That Changed My Life: Al Alvarado