“I define inspiration as an immediate influence to do something creative, which sets myself onto a journey toward satisfying the very core of the essence of my being—where I understand, at the outset of my journey, that I will need courage and conviction to risk raising my own bar,” says Dr. Cheryl Jones of the Beachcomber Music Award winning group Jones and Company.
“Based upon the creative act of the individual who inspired…based upon the individual who breathed new life into my existence as an artist…and such inspiration has already caused me such an excitement while on such a creative endeavor.”
- Charlie Parker, Saxophonist
- Jaco Pastorius, Bassist
- Ella Fitzgerald, Vocalist
- Michael Brecker, Saxophonist
- Benjamin Jackson, My Dad—Percussionist and Vocalist. “My dad taught me to always leave them wanting more. Clearly, all of these musicians have left me wanting more—especially more from myself. The musicians I have listed are all physically gone, but their artistry has left me wanting more. The legacy of these cats still lives, still resonates, still breathes and inspires…and I’m longing—I’m Jonesin’ (I dare say) for more!”
- Restaurant Guide
- Vermouth – Out of the Liquor Closet and Into Your Glass
- Where to Spend Your Happy Hours in Beachcomberland
- Kite Film Fest Call for Submissions
- Local Film Screenings
- Review: “Stories” Falls Short on Grownup Scares
- Beachcomber Music Awards #11 Set for Monday, Aug. 26… Call in Sick Tuesday, Aug. 27!
- Live Music
- Remembering Hans McMinamin
- The Pauseandplay.com Record Roundup
- Culinary Arts Greenhouse Honors Kay Litke
- Pat Carlyle Scholarship Established for Children’s Advocacy Center
Hurricane Michael Over Six Months Later: Robert’s Story
By Carrie Hunter A large group of people wait outside of Innovative Charities in Jackson County an hour before the food pantry opens. Rules for hurricane relief supplies and how to register...
Wolf Preserve Commemorates Two Decades
Seacrest Wolf Preserve celebrates their 20th year with a Full Moon Festival event Friday, Aug. 16. The overnight camping event quickly sold out, but they have a constant stream of events and...
Don’t Mess with Beachcomber
Recently, someone on Twitter called this publication “un-American” and said some really terrible things about us. And about you, loyal readers. His body was later found in a Tom Thumb parking...
Art Classes & Workshops
ARTS AND DESIGN SOCIETY (ADSO) Classes at the Art Center, Fort Walton Beach. More info at artsdesignsociety.org. Mondays and Wednesdays. Clay and Pottery Open Studio, 9 AM-noon both days and 6:30-9 PM Mondays. Beginners...
Beachcomber Music Awards #11 Set for Monday, Aug. 26… Call in Sick Tuesday, Aug. 27!
In case you’ve been living on Mars for the last few months, a friendly reminder that Beachcomber Music Awards Chapter 11 will take place Monday, Aug. 26, at Al’s Beach Club &...
Where to Spend Your Happy Hours in Beachcomberland
Baxter’s Bar & Grille 605 James Lee Road Fort Walton Beach 850-812-6868 When: 3-6 PM and 10 PM-Midnight daily. Drink Specials: $3 wells, $2 drafts. Camille’s at Crystal Beach 2931 Scenic Highway...