“I define inspiration as an immediate influence to do something creative, which sets myself onto a journey toward satisfying the very core of the essence of my being—where I understand, at the outset of my journey, that I will need courage and conviction to risk raising my own bar,” says Dr. Cheryl Jones of the Beachcomber Music Award winning group Jones and Company.
“Based upon the creative act of the individual who inspired…based upon the individual who breathed new life into my existence as an artist…and such inspiration has already caused me such an excitement while on such a creative endeavor.”
- Charlie Parker, Saxophonist
- Jaco Pastorius, Bassist
- Ella Fitzgerald, Vocalist
- Michael Brecker, Saxophonist
- Benjamin Jackson, My Dad—Percussionist and Vocalist. “My dad taught me to always leave them wanting more. Clearly, all of these musicians have left me wanting more—especially more from myself. The musicians I have listed are all physically gone, but their artistry has left me wanting more. The legacy of these cats still lives, still resonates, still breathes and inspires…and I’m longing—I’m Jonesin’ (I dare say) for more!”
- Art Classes & Workshops
- Art Events
- Art Galleries
- Call to Artists
- OAA Student Poster Art Winners Announced
- Fort Walton Beach’s Unofficial Chicago Embassy
- Restaurant Guide
- Where to Spend Your Happy Hours in Beachcomberland
- Gulfarium’s Endangered Penguin Chick Undergoes Surgery
- NWF State College Named Safest Campus in Florida
From Craigslist to Setlist…Redstone’s Gina Marini
By Nikki Hedrick “We’re a five-piece rock, pop and blues band. We’re from all around the area.” That’s how Gina Marini introduces Redstone, the cover band gaining steam across Beachcomberland. ...
Civil Disobedience Is Alive and Well in Northwest Florida
And by civil disobedience, I mean bad behavior. No matter what you think of Congressman Matt Gaetz (and aside from his positions on decriminalizing marijuana and outlawing greyhound racing, there’s not a...
One on One with UpBeat Music’s Dick Reinlie
Interview by Samantha Lambert In case you haven’t noticed, there is a new music store in Fort Walton Beach at the corner of Racetrack and Beal. It’s called UpBeat Music, and...
Fort Walton Beach’s Unofficial Chicago Embassy
By Bruce Collier Drive down Beal Parkway in the 1000-block area, and you cannot miss a bright orange, yellow and blue food truck, parked in the lot of the Mercedes/BMW dealership...
Pet of the Issue – Hap and Lulu
Submitted by Estelle Grengs Hap—short for Hap Arnold—is a lab mix that Ms. Grengs rescued shortly after her yellow lab passed. “He stole our hearts and our other rescue Lulu the first...
Sheer Heart Attack… A Night to Benefit Editor Manson
Spread the love