- The Tree of Life (Terrence Malick, 2011)
- Selma (Ava Duvernay, 2014)
- Moonlight (Barry Jenkins, 2016)
- Cinema Paradiso (Giuseppe Tornatore, Italy, 1989)
- Persona (Ingmar Bergman, Sweden, 1966)
- There Will Be Blood (Paul Thomas Anderson, 2007)
- Citizen Kane (Orson Welles, 1941)
- Children of Men (Alfonso Cuaron, 2006)
- The Lord of the Rings Trilogy (Peter Jackson, 2001-03)
- The Seventh Seal (Ingmar Bergman, Sweden, 1957)
- E.T. (Steven Spielberg, 1982)
- Brokeback Mountain (Ang Lee, 2005)
- Gandhi (Richard Attenborough, 1982)
- The Graduate (Mike Nichols, 1967)
- Amelie (Jean-Pierre Jeunet, France, 2001)
- The Mission (Roland Joffe, 1986)
- Psycho (Alfred Hitchcock, 1960)
- Nights of Cabiria (Federico Fellini, Italy, 1956)
- Rashomon (Akira Kurasawa, Japan, 1950)
- The Godfather Parts I and II (Francis Ford Coppola, 1972-74)
- Call Me by Your Name (Luca Guadagnino, 2017)
- Network (Sidney Lumet, 1976)
- Sunset Boulevard (Billy Wilder, 1950)
- 2001: A Space Odyssey (Stanley Kubrick, 1968)
- Atonement (Joe Wright, U.K., 2007)
Dr. David C. Simmons is the Professor of Film and Humanities at Northwest Florida State College.
In Memoriam: Harold Destin
By Charles Morgan III Harold Destin died last week. He had lived in Destin for 64 years. Harold’s father, Chubby Destin, ran the Shooting Star for many years. His mother...
By the Numbers: 12Eleven
By Nikki Hedrick With an influx of regular gigs in the Destin area, 12Eleven have steadily made a name for themselves in the region. The average member age is only 22...
Fun Facts About the Harbor Boat Parade
By Chris Manson This year’s event, happening Sunday, Dec. 15, on the Destin Harbor, is the 33rd annual boat parade sponsored by the Destin History & Fishing Museum. It starts at...
G.I. Jade Tiki Bar & Bistro: Have a Round at Marker 21
By Bruce Collier G.I. Jade Tiki Bar & Bistro in Fort Walton Beach has been open just a few months. The restaurant sits on the harbor, at the Marker 21 Marina....
Where to Spend Your Happy Hours
Baxter’s Bar & Grille 605 James Lee Road Fort Walton Beach 850-812-6868 When: 3-6 PM and 10 PM-Midnight daily. Closed Mondays (for now). Drink Specials: $3 wells, $2 drafts. Camille’s at Crystal...
Adopt, Don’t Shop: Tigger
Lorraine Whetsone from PAWS in Fort Walton Beach writes: “Meet Tigger. This handsome Treeing Walker Coonhound mix has been at the Panhandle Animal Welfare Society since March. He needs to be home...