Northwest Florida State College recently won silver and a bronze awards from the National Council for Marketing & Public Relations (NCMPR).
NWF State College won a silver award in the “Original Photography – Manipulated” category. The winning photo was used on the college’s social media accounts to promote the NWFSC basketball teams’ blackout games which debuted the teams’ all black uniforms. The photo was manipulated by adding backlight, accentuating the player’s muscles and enhancing contrast.
The college was awarded a bronze designation for its Twitter profile’s design, content, engagement, strategy, effectiveness and frequency of posts. The college’s Twitter entry included their use of the hashtags #TheBestIsOurStandard and #IMPACT that are commonly used in tweets to drive cultural change.
NCMPR’s prestigious Paragon Awards recognize outstanding achievement in design and communication at community and technical colleges. It’s the only national competition of its kind that honors excellence exclusively among marketing and public relations professionals at two-year colleges.
This year’s competition drew 1,939 entries from 262 colleges across the country. The winners were announced at NCMPR’s 2019 national conference on March 25 in San Antonio, Texas.
- Art Classes & Workshops
- Art Events
- Art Galleries
- Call to Artists
- MKAF Outreach Makes History with Two-Week Artist Residency Program
- Author and Filmmaker Junger Takes Center Stage at NWF Reads
- Book Clubs
- Poetry Contest Winners Announced
- Recommended Reading
- Corner Wine Bar Offers Medley of Contrasting Tastes, Textures
- Restaurant Guide
- Sandestin Wine Festival – Come for the Wine, Stay for the Fun
- Where to Spend Your Happy Hours in Beachcomberland
- A Million Dollar Lineup for Bands of 30A’s April 14 Event
- Jazz on the Lawn at Destin Library with BMA Winner Cheryl Jones
- Live Music
- Stranger Things…
- The Pauseandplay.com Record Roundup
- Towne: The Records That Changed Our Lives
- VS. – The Battle of Record Store Day 2019
- Woody Still Matters
- Gumbo Fest Benefits Sandestin Kids
- NWF State College Part 1 – Big Wins for Marketing and PR Team
- NWF State College Part 2 – Collegiate High Schoolers Dominate at Math Bowl