The call for entries is open to anyone interested in staging plays, performance art, musicals, dance and/or published or unpublished original work. Submitted pieces must be no longer than 90 minutes.
This is an open, non-juried invitation for regional involvement. Audience ratings will be determined by the artists, not the festival. Shows are required to list their warnings (Language, Adult Content, Nudity, Violence, Extreme Situations). Ratings are based on recommended minimum ages as follows: All Ages, 7 and up, 13 and up, and 18 and up.
A $50 per production application fee includes All Festival Participant Passes for up to five participants. Each performing group accepted will receive five complimentary tickets per performance to their show.
ECTC will provide a technical director and a production coordinator to assist with each piece. Lights and set will be general in nature; special needs will be considered, but are not guaranteed. Performing groups will be responsible for providing their own stage manager, props, costumes and specialized set pieces. ECTC will have acting cubes, small table and chairs, and a few other pieces for use.
Deadline for entry applications is April 8. Technical rehearsal dates are May 7-11, and the festival will run May 15-21.
Showtimes will be Wednesday through Friday between 6 and 8:30 PM and Saturday and Sunday between 9 AM and 8:30 PM. More showtimes will be added if needed, and may include Monday and Tuesday, May 14 and 15.
The festival will be staged at Emerald Coast Theatre Company’s performance space located at 560 Grand Boulevard upstairs, in Grand Boulevard at Sandestin in Miramar Beach.
Festival show ticket prices are set by each producing organization and will range from $15 to $25. All access passes will be available for purchase for $100. Forty percent of the ticket price will go to the performing organization.
The Northwest Florida Theatre Festival is designed as an inclusive and creative celebration of a community of artists. The festival will be produced in concert with the Cultural Arts Alliance’s Art Week South Walton. Beachcomber magazine is the media sponsor.
“Each year this festival grows in both the variety of content and the types of groups involved,” says ECTC producing artistic director Nathanael Fisher. “We are thrilled to be able to open our doors and give a stage to foster creativity in our community and welcome everyone to join us on stage or as an audience member.”
For more information and to download an online application to enter the Northwest Florida Theatre Festival, visit NWFTheatreFestival.com. Follow the conversation by using hashtag #AStageForAll.
To make a tax-deductible donation, volunteer or learn more about Emerald Coast Theatre Company, find them on Facebook, call 850-684-0323, and visit www.emeraldcoasttheatre.org.
– Zandra Wolfgram
- Art Classes & Workshops
- Art Events
- Art Galleries
- Artist Joey McKenna Steps into Nature This Month at SoWal Library
- Call to Artists
- Adopt a Family for the Holidays
- Community Bank Invests $15,000 in NWF State College Students
- Making an Impact: Over $500K Awarded to Local Nonprofits
- Caring and Sharing: Café Thirty-A’s Annual Christmas Charity Ball
- Hold the Dishwashing, Please… Thanksgiving Dining Out Options
- North Beach Tortilla Co. Offers Sand and Sunsets in Santa Rosa Beach
- Overproof, Full Proof and Navy Strength Rums…and the Cocktails That Love Them
- Restaurant Guide
- Rosemary Beach Prohibition Repeal Wine Dinner Set for Dec. 7
- Where to Spend Your Happy Hours
- It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Hallmark!
- Local Film Screenings
- Reviews: Dafoe and Pattinson Shine in “Lighthouse,” Eddie Gets His Dolemite On
- Eric Paslay’s Favorite Live Tracks
- Live Music
- Rock Stars of Comedy… Gallagher Is Coming to Town
- The Pauseandplay.com Record Roundup
- The Record That Changed My Life: Al Alvarado