1. It’s the new Civil War, minus the P.C. complications.
2. Everyone had cool uniforms—Cosplay!
3. There’s lots of weird science—ships made of ice, mines that skipped, etc.
4. There were four military dictators, one of whom fought on both sides.
5. Nobody reads history anymore, so nothing is too ridiculous.
- A Dozen Works Selected for Second Round of Underwater Art
- Art Classes & Workshops
- Art Events
- Art Galleries
- Call to Artists
- Chef Jim Shirah: Fishing, Cooking, Lionfish
- Restaurant Guide
- Where to Spend Your Happy Hours in Beachcomberland
- Casey Kearney: Two Records That Changed My Life
- Group Therapy Has the Cure for What Ails You
- Live Music
- Live Music Review – Dwight Yoakam
- The Pauseandplay.com Record Roundup
- Crafty Snowbirds Give Back
- Fore Her Breast Cancer Support Group Begins March 16
- NWF State College Nursing Program Earns Top 10 Honors
Where the Rubber Meets the Road…Meet the Team from Destin’s Rick McIntosh Memorial Bike Shop
By Bill Herrin Most times, when you think about people that have made a positive impact on your life, the ones that come to mind are cherished and remembered fondly. This...
Chef Jim Shirah: Fishing, Cooking, Lionfish
By Bruce Collier Some people just get born into their life’s work. Chef Jim (“Jimmy”) Shirah is executive chef at Dewey Destin’s Harborside Restaurant. Area residents and visitors are well acquainted...
Casey Kearney: Two Records That Changed My Life
Recently, there have been two songs I have listened to on repeat. I couldn’t make it through either of them without crying—and crying like a baby! Eventually I did, and now I...
Group Therapy Has the Cure for What Ails You
By Nikki Hedrick Group Therapy has been spreading their musical remedy for only two years, but the band has familiar faces on deck. “Our first gig was January 30, 2017,” says drummer-vocalist...
Thursday, March 14 AJ’S ON THE BAYOU, Fort Walton Beach CHRIS HAYES, 5-9 PM CAMILLE’S, Destin, CamillesAtCrystalBeach.com DEAN SADOWSKI, 3-5 PM CAPT. DAVE’S ON THE GULF, Destin, 850-837-2627 BRANDON DAY, 5-9 PM CLUB LA, Destin...
A Dozen Works Selected for Second Round of Underwater Art
The Cultural Arts Alliance of Walton County (CAA) and South Walton Artificial Reef Association (SWARA) are proud to reveal the 12 sculpture designs selected by jury for permanent exhibition in the second...