Chris Mann from NBC’s The Voice joins Sinfonia Gulf Coast’s full orchestra Friday, Dec. 14, 7:30 PM, at Village Baptist Church in Destin. In a concert that is perfect for the entire family, Mr. Mann—who played the lead in the national tour of Andrew Lloyd Webber’s Phantom of the Opera and appeared in several acclaimed PBS holiday specials—will inspire you with his vocal range in so many of the most cherished songs of the season.
For tickets and more information, visit www.SinfoniaGulfCoast.org or call 850-460-8800.
What is it about Christmas music that inspires you?
I love Christmas music so much. It’s very nostalgic and reminds me of home and family. I’m excited to come perform with Sinfonia Gulf Coast and bring some of these classics to life. I’m also bringing a few arrangements that will rock out a bit which is always fun.
Christmas music has some of the best melodies ever written. That’s why they’ve been recorded thousands of times and are loved all over the world. It’s fun, as a singer, to get to put your own spin on these songs to help ring in the holidays.
What is your favorite Christmas memory?
I always celebrated Christmas with my family at my grandparents’ house in Kansas. My grandfather was a singer but didn’t talk about it much. After he was gone, we found a stack of his old demo recordings in the basement. He had gone to LA from Kansas as a teenager to try and make it in film and music and recorded some incredible songs. I thought they were Tony Bennett recordings, but they were my grandfather! Finding those was one of my favorite holiday memories.
What are your favorite Christmas albums?
My favorite Christmas recordings are the classics—Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Nat “King” Cole. I also love Pentatonix and Celine Dion’s Christmas albums. They’re kind of like the new classics.
- Art Classes & Workshops
- Art Events
- Art Galleries
- Artist Joey McKenna Steps into Nature This Month at SoWal Library
- Call to Artists
- Adopt a Family for the Holidays
- Community Bank Invests $15,000 in NWF State College Students
- Making an Impact: Over $500K Awarded to Local Nonprofits
- Caring and Sharing: Café Thirty-A’s Annual Christmas Charity Ball
- Hold the Dishwashing, Please… Thanksgiving Dining Out Options
- North Beach Tortilla Co. Offers Sand and Sunsets in Santa Rosa Beach
- Overproof, Full Proof and Navy Strength Rums…and the Cocktails That Love Them
- Restaurant Guide
- Rosemary Beach Prohibition Repeal Wine Dinner Set for Dec. 7
- Where to Spend Your Happy Hours
- It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Hallmark!
- Local Film Screenings
- Reviews: Dafoe and Pattinson Shine in “Lighthouse,” Eddie Gets His Dolemite On
- Eric Paslay’s Favorite Live Tracks
- Live Music
- Rock Stars of Comedy… Gallagher Is Coming to Town
- The Pauseandplay.com Record Roundup
- The Record That Changed My Life: Al Alvarado
Harbor Docks Celebrates 25 Years of Thanksgiving Tradition
By Chris Manson Former Harbor Docks owner and Beachcomber contributing writer Charles Morgan credits longtime employee Ann Jones (a/k/a Miss Ann) with the idea of opening the restaurant on Thanksgiving Day....
Where to Spend Your Happy Hours
Baxter’s Bar & Grille 605 James Lee Road Fort Walton Beach 850-812-6868 When: 3-6 PM and 10 PM-Midnight daily. Closed Mondays (for now). Drink Specials: $3 wells, $2 drafts. Camille’s at Crystal...
North Beach Tortilla Co. Offers Sand and Sunsets in Santa Rosa Beach
By Lauren Sage Reinlie Northwest Florida has a new spot to unwind and soak up all the beauty the area has to offer. Chef Jim Shirley’s North Beach Tortilla Co....
Bob Luongo writes: “Two years ago my Jack Russell friend of 15 years died. Penny was my constant companion. For the last two years I’ve had many recurring dreams where I was...
Thursday, Nov. 7 AJ’S ON THE BAYOU, Fort Walton Beach HAYES & HOWLAND, 5-9 PM CAMILLE’S, Destin, CamillesAtCrystalBeach.com DEAN SADOWSKI, 3-5 PM G.I. JADE TIKI BAR AND BISTRO, Fort Walton Beach BOBBYD, 6-9 PM Ladies...
Rock Stars of Comedy… Gallagher Is Coming to Town
By Nikki Hedrick Not many comedians reach household name status. Gallagher, by his account, has logged over 4,000 shows and over a dozen comedy TV specials, and has only been slightly...