The 10th Annual 30A Songwriters Festival—set for Jan. 18-21, 2019—has announced the headliners for the upcoming event, including Rosanne Cash, Jason Isbell, Lucinda Williams, Brandi Carlile, and Felix Cavaliere’s Rascals with a full band and horn section.
Also performing throughout the weekend are renowned singer-songwriters Patty Griffin, Steve Earle, Livingston Taylor, Gregory Alan Isakov, Suzy Bogguss, Justin Townes Earle, Amanda Shires, Shawn Mullins, John Fullbright, Marc Broussard, Matraca Berg, The Secret Sisters, The War and Treaty, Aaron Lee Tasjan, Robyn Hitchcock, Jeffrey Steele, Chely Wright and Radney Foster.
In addition, confirmed performers for the 2019 event include Steve Poltz, Bob Schneider, Amythyst Kiah, David Ryan Harris, Kim Richey, Hayes Carll, Liz Longley, Drivin N Cryin, Emerson Hart (Tonic), Chris Stamey and Peter Holsapple (The db’s), John Driskell Hopkins (Zac Brown Band), Gretchen Peters, The Swimming Pool Q’s, Birds of Chicago, Griffin House, Charlie Mars, Willie Sugarcapps, Lauren Morrow (The Whiskey Gentry), The Mulligan Brothers, Amy LaVere and Will Sexton, Robby Hecht, Tommy Womack, Farewell Angelina, and many more.
Beachcomber is particular jazzed about Ms. Cash’s appearance. She is currently touring in support of her new, excellent album She Remembers Everything, a poetic, lush and soulful collection of songs that reckon with a flawed and fragile world. She Remembers Everything follows Ms. Cash’s triple-Grammy winning 2014 album The River & the Thread and marks a return to more personal songwriting after a trio of albums that explored her southern roots and family heritage.
In the wake of the latest tsunami of survivor stories, Cash has embraced women’s narratives in this powerful material. “There is a woman’s real life, complex experiences and layered understanding in these songs,” Ms. Cash says. “I could not have written them 10 years ago—not even close. Time is shorter, I have more to say.”
She Remembers Everything was produced by collaborator and life partner John Leventhal (who will perform with her at the 30A Songwriters Festival) and Tucker Martine (The Decemberists, My Morning Jacket, Mavis Staples, Neko Case).
One of the country’s pre-eminent singer-songwriters, Ms. Cash has released 15 albums of extraordinary songs that have earned four Grammy Awards and 11 nominations, as well as 21 top-40 hits, including such immortal classics as “Seven Year Ache,” “I Don’t Know Why You Don’t Want Me,” “Blue Moon With Heartache,” and “The Way We Make A Broken Heart.”
Ms. Cash was inducted into the Nashville Songwriters’ Hall of Fame in 2015 and was awarded with the Spirit of Americana: Free Speech Award in 2018 and received an honorary doctorate degree from the Berklee College of Music. She is currently writing the lyrics for a musical adaptation of the film Norma Rae with Mr. Leventhal.
For more information on the 2019 30A Songwriters Festival and to purchase tickets, visit www.30ASongwritersFestival.com.
- Art Classes & Workshops
- Art Events
- Art Galleries
- Artist Joey McKenna Steps into Nature This Month at SoWal Library
- Call to Artists
- Adopt a Family for the Holidays
- Community Bank Invests $15,000 in NWF State College Students
- Making an Impact: Over $500K Awarded to Local Nonprofits
- Caring and Sharing: Café Thirty-A’s Annual Christmas Charity Ball
- Hold the Dishwashing, Please… Thanksgiving Dining Out Options
- North Beach Tortilla Co. Offers Sand and Sunsets in Santa Rosa Beach
- Overproof, Full Proof and Navy Strength Rums…and the Cocktails That Love Them
- Restaurant Guide
- Rosemary Beach Prohibition Repeal Wine Dinner Set for Dec. 7
- Where to Spend Your Happy Hours
- It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Hallmark!
- Local Film Screenings
- Reviews: Dafoe and Pattinson Shine in “Lighthouse,” Eddie Gets His Dolemite On
- Eric Paslay’s Favorite Live Tracks
- Live Music
- Rock Stars of Comedy… Gallagher Is Coming to Town
- The Pauseandplay.com Record Roundup
- The Record That Changed My Life: Al Alvarado