Mountainfilm on Tour returns to WaterColor’s Marina Park Amphitheater Nov. 1-3, in partnership with official sponsors Delta, WaterColor Community Association, and Visit South Walton. Celebrating its 18th year, the event has added a third day to the outdoor film festival dedicated to educating, inspiring, and motivating audiences about issues that matter.
Also new this year; food, beer, and wine will be available for purchase onsite at the festival from FOOW – Fish Out of Water, WaterColor Inn’s flagship restaurant which recently reopened following a major renovation. As one of the 30A area’s only large family-style restaurants and bars overlooking the Gulf, FOOW embodies the spirit of the WaterColor community—coastal, fun and unpretentious—with impeccable service and locally sourced southern cuisine.
‘We are proud to be hosting a unique beachside edition of this esteemed cinematic event for the 18th year, and excited to share a taste of the all-new ‘WaterColor Casual’ FOOW with attendees,” says Andrew Czarnecki, Managing Director of Resort Operations for St. Joe Club & Resorts. “The support of this community and film enthusiasts make the festival stronger each year. We look forward to continuing this tradition on our beautiful WaterColor Inn & Resort property for many more years to come.”
Each year, a selection of films from the International Film Festival is taken on the road to reach audiences who otherwise would not have a chance to experience the festival. The films selected for the show will explore themes connected to the Mountainfilm mission of exploring cultures, preserving environments, and promoting adventure.
WaterColor’s Marina Park offers a breathtaking outdoor setting for these films with a starry backdrop to enhance the inspiring films. Mountainfilm Tour & Education Manager Jason Merritt will guide the audience through the program, providing insight on the films, filmmakers and subjects.
Each evening, gates open at 5:45 PM, with films beginning at 7 PM. Tickets are available online at www.mountainfilmfl.com, with discounted pricing offered prior to day of event.
Day of Event
Additional events open to the public include:
- An early morning Coffee Talk with Justin Clifton, featured filmmaker of Return from Desolation, Saturday, Nov. 3, 9:30-10:30 AM in the WaterColor Inn Library
- A Coastal Eco Tour with a certified Master Naturalist on Western Lake Saturday, Nov. 3, at 11 AM. Guests can bring a board or rent a board, kayak or canoe at the WaterColor BoatHouse
- Kidz Kino, a mini-festival that features kid-friendly films for attendees’ ages 6 to 12, available at the WaterColor BoatHouse on Friday and Saturday evening during the main show (parents must be present to sign their children in and out of the venue).
Guests who stay at WaterColor Inn during Mountainfilm on Tour can take advantage of the festival package, which includes two nights in a beachfront guest room at WaterColor Inn, as well as two complimentary tickets to both nights of the event. Other vacation packages are also available at a variety of St. Joe Club & Resorts properties, including The Pearl Hotel and WaterSound Inn. For details and to purchase tickets, please visit www.watercolorresort.com/mountainfilm.html.
Mountainfilm began in 1979 and is one of America’s longest-running film festivals. The festival is best described by one word: inspiring. In addition to screening leading independent documentary films from around the world, the festival includes a full-day symposium on contemporary issues, art and photography exhibits, early morning coffee talks, outdoor programs, a book-signing party, an ice cream social, student programs and a closing picnic/awards ceremony.
Presentations and panels are scheduled throughout the weekend event with a wide diversity of special guests, ranging from artists to adventurers and academics to activists. To learn more about the festival, visit www.mountainfilm.org.
MOUNTAINFILM FOR STUDENTS
Whenever and wherever Mountainfilm is on tour, the aim is to educate and inspire beyond our theater audiences. Mountainfilm for Students is a free educational outreach initiative that introduces students in K-12 public schools to essential environmental, cultural and social issues with age-appropriate film programs. Mountainfilm currently reaches over 20,000 students each year.
WATERCOLOR® INN & RESORT
WaterColor Inn has maintained a Four Diamond rating from AAA since 2007; achieved a four-time, four-star rating from Forbes Travel Guide; was named a Top Resort in Florida in the 2017 Condé Nast Traveler Reader’s Choice Awards; and claimed a spot on U.S. News & World Report’s “Best Hotels in the USA” list. The property offers luxurious accommodations and corporate meeting spaces at the exclusive 60-room Inn. The hotel features three on-site restaurants, including the newly renovated FOOW, a full-service spa, and an adults-only pool, as well as access to additional resort amenities including five pools, a private beach club, and tennis courts.
WaterColor Inn was developed and is owned by The St. Joe Company, affording guests access to the many amenities and activities offered through their private membership club. For more information, visit www.watercolorresort.com, or call 1-855-788-2782.
JOE CLUB & RESORTS®
St. Joe Club & Resorts is a collection of upscale accommodations and amenities, as well as a private membership club. Spread along a 26-mile stretch of Scenic Highway 30A and throughout Northwest Florida’s Emerald Coast, the portfolio currently includes WaterColor Inn, The Pearl Hotel, WaterSound® Inn, Origins Golf Club, Bay Point Marina, and Port St. Joe Marina, as well as WaterSound® Beach Club, Shark’s Tooth Golf Club and Camp Creek® Golf Club offered through The Clubs by JOE℠. For more information, visit www.stjoeclub.com.
- Art Classes & Workshops
- Art Events
- Art Galleries
- Call to Artists
- MKAF Outreach Makes History with Two-Week Artist Residency Program
- Author and Filmmaker Junger Takes Center Stage at NWF Reads
- Book Clubs
- Poetry Contest Winners Announced
- Recommended Reading
- Corner Wine Bar Offers Medley of Contrasting Tastes, Textures
- Restaurant Guide
- Sandestin Wine Festival – Come for the Wine, Stay for the Fun
- Where to Spend Your Happy Hours in Beachcomberland
- A Million Dollar Lineup for Bands of 30A’s April 14 Event
- Jazz on the Lawn at Destin Library with BMA Winner Cheryl Jones
- Live Music
- Stranger Things…
- The Pauseandplay.com Record Roundup
- Towne: The Records That Changed Our Lives
- VS. – The Battle of Record Store Day 2019
- Woody Still Matters
- Gumbo Fest Benefits Sandestin Kids
- NWF State College Part 1 – Big Wins for Marketing and PR Team
- NWF State College Part 2 – Collegiate High Schoolers Dominate at Math Bowl