Submitted by Erinn Stranko
Mooch was born June 8, 2017, in Bethel, Alaska, and was rescued as part of an abandoned litter named “The Fruit Basket Puppies” through the Alaska Animal Rescue Friends (AARF). Erinn had to beg her husband and their other dog to allow the adoption of Mooch, but it turns out Erinn had already submitted her application to adopt him. “He was too cute to pass up,” says Erinn.
On his first day home, Mooch was stung by a bee. Subsequently, Mooch has gotten stung at least twice more “including a time he tried to eat one and his face swelled up A LOT,” says Erinn.
Mooch is known as a “village dog”—a mix of Alaska’s village breeds—but Erinn and her family call him a “Bethel Special.” “He was teeny tiny when we adopted him at eight weeks—probably about three and a half pounds,” says Erinn. “At one year old, he has topped out at 28 pounds and is mostly legs.”
Mooch and Erinn (the director of marketing and sponsorship for The REP Theatre in Seaside) are frequent flyers, traveling back and forth from Anchorage, Alaska, to Seaside. “Mooch is the perfect size to fly as a carry-on and sleeps quietly under the seat in his comfy soft-sided crate,” says Erinn.
Mooch loves to eat bubbles from the bathtub and has a children’s bubble machine he loves to play in. Follow our Pet of the Issue on Instagram @moochthapooch.
- Art Classes & Workshops
- Art Events
- Art Galleries
- Artist Joey McKenna Steps into Nature This Month at SoWal Library
- Call to Artists
- Adopt a Family for the Holidays
- Community Bank Invests $15,000 in NWF State College Students
- Making an Impact: Over $500K Awarded to Local Nonprofits
- Caring and Sharing: Café Thirty-A’s Annual Christmas Charity Ball
- Hold the Dishwashing, Please… Thanksgiving Dining Out Options
- North Beach Tortilla Co. Offers Sand and Sunsets in Santa Rosa Beach
- Overproof, Full Proof and Navy Strength Rums…and the Cocktails That Love Them
- Restaurant Guide
- Rosemary Beach Prohibition Repeal Wine Dinner Set for Dec. 7
- Where to Spend Your Happy Hours
- It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Hallmark!
- Local Film Screenings
- Reviews: Dafoe and Pattinson Shine in “Lighthouse,” Eddie Gets His Dolemite On
- Eric Paslay’s Favorite Live Tracks
- Live Music
- Rock Stars of Comedy… Gallagher Is Coming to Town
- The Pauseandplay.com Record Roundup
- The Record That Changed My Life: Al Alvarado
Where to Spend Your Happy Hours
Baxter’s Bar & Grille 605 James Lee Road Fort Walton Beach 850-812-6868 When: 3-6 PM and 10 PM-Midnight daily. Closed Mondays (for now). Drink Specials: $3 wells, $2 drafts. Camille’s at Crystal...
Harbor Docks Celebrates 25 Years of Thanksgiving Tradition
By Chris Manson Former Harbor Docks owner and Beachcomber contributing writer Charles Morgan credits longtime employee Ann Jones (a/k/a Miss Ann) with the idea of opening the restaurant on Thanksgiving Day....
North Beach Tortilla Co. Offers Sand and Sunsets in Santa Rosa Beach
By Lauren Sage Reinlie Northwest Florida has a new spot to unwind and soak up all the beauty the area has to offer. Chef Jim Shirley’s North Beach Tortilla Co....
Upcoming Stage Shows
FRIDAY, NOV. 8-SATURDAY, NOV. 9 STAGE CRAFTERS’ “THE PAJAMA GAME” Fort Walton Beach Civic Auditorium, 7:30 PM StageCraftersFWB.com Tickets are $25. Cast includes Tim Bartley, Terry Carnathan, David Chancellor, Gabriella Dedmore, Azhia...
Making an Impact: Over $500K Awarded to Local Nonprofits
The members of IMPACT 100 of Northwest Florida voted and announced recently the grant recipients for 2019, awarding five $101,600 grants. Representatives of each nonprofit organization named as a finalist were present,...
Rock Stars of Comedy… Gallagher Is Coming to Town
By Nikki Hedrick Not many comedians reach household name status. Gallagher, by his account, has logged over 4,000 shows and over a dozen comedy TV specials, and has only been slightly...