The Okaloosa County Democratic Party (ODP) recently announced the opening of a new headquarters and gathering place in Shalimar. “It’s been a long time in the making but Okaloosa Democrats are very happy that we now have a brand new office and hangout spot in Shalimar, just in time to gear up for this year’s election season,” said ODP Executive Chair John Whitley.
The Grand Opening will take place on Friday, June 29, from 4 to 7 PM with refreshments provided. The Fort Walton Beach Chamber of Commerce Ambassadors will perform a ribbon cutting at 4:30. Leaders of other related political organizations will attend, and everyone is invited.
The new office is located at 1270 Eglin Parkway Unit C-10 near Fairfield Inn, and can be accessed from Eglin Parkway or Richbourg Avenue. General office hours for June and July are Tuesday through Saturday from 10 AM to 2 PM. The facility, which has all the latest technology from computers to video surveillance for security, will act as both a monthly meeting location and as a daily operational center for citizen outreach, discussion and education.
“It’s an exciting time to be a Northwest Florida Democrat, and from our newly redesigned website to our new headquarters, folks have renewed enthusiasm for participation in our local political process,” Mr. Whitley said.
For more information, visit OkaloosaDemocrats.com.
– Tom McAuliffe
- Art Classes & Workshops
- Art Events
- Art Galleries
- Call to Artists
- Nikki Hedrick: 5 Ways You Can Support the Arts
- Robin Wiesneth: My Creative Kickstarts
- Bruce Collier: 10 Things I’d Never Write in a Restaurant Review
- Nikki Hedrick: Misconceptions About Vegetarianism
- Restaurant Guide
- Taco Variations and Cool Stuff to Look at in Santa Rosa Beach
- Where to Spend Your Happy Hours in Beachcomberland
- Aimee Shaffer: My Favorite Animal Events to Emcee
- Nikki Hedrick: 6 Things You Can Do to Make Your Wedding Day Easier
- “Hey!” 5 Musicians Who Inspire Cheryl Jones
- Beachcomberland’s Greatest Hits
- Bobby Tomberlin: My Earl Thomas Conley Top 5
- Drink On It – Blake Shelton’s Favorite Drinking Songs
- Joe Fingas’ Favorite Blues Men and Women
- Live Music
- Nikki Hedrick: How to Become a Concert Photographer
- Woofy Ramone’s 2019 Record Store Day Finds
Aimee Shaffer: My Favorite Animal Events to Emcee
In no particular order… The PAWS “On the Throttle” Poker Run. This biker-supported fundraiser, held every mid-March, brings together bikers who travel to several bars and restaurants in Okaloosa and Walton...
To get a bunch of people we love in a single issue. To inspire hateful debate on social media. Readers’ attention spans tend to favor shorter pieces these days. Are you bored...
David Simmons’ Top 25 Films of All Time
The Tree of Life (Terrence Malick, 2011) Selma (Ava Duvernay, 2014) Moonlight (Barry Jenkins, 2016) Cinema Paradiso (Giuseppe Tornatore, Italy, 1989) Persona (Ingmar Bergman, Sweden, 1966) There Will Be Blood (Paul Thomas...
Alaqua’s Hero Dogs: Headed for Hollywood?
Alaqua Animal Refuge is proud to announce that four Alaqua alumni dogs have been nominated for the national American Humane Hero Dog Awards, which celebrates the incredible relationship between dogs and people,...
Taco Variations and Cool Stuff to Look at in Santa Rosa Beach
If you love tacos and their variations, but want something more than a fast-food experience—such as servers, a full bar, comfy seats and cool stuff to look at while you eat—Red Fish...
Antiques De France Antiques & Flea Mkt. with over 80+ vendors, lots of unique items to choose from. 230 S.E. Eglin Pkwy. 850-314-7500. SMITH’S ANTIQUES MALL & INTERIORS MARKET 25,000 sq. ft....