Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort announces great gumbo paired with first-rate fun at the Gulf Coast’s favorite winter food event, The 29th Annual Sandestin Gumbo Festival, Friday and Saturday, Feb. 16 and 17. Visitors and gumbo-lovers from across the southeast are expected to join in the festivities during the extended holiday weekend.
The Sandestin Gumbo Festival has been known as one of the largest and most popular winter food events along Florida’s Emerald Coast. Now in its 29th year, the event takes over The Village of Baytowne Wharf during Presidents Day weekend.
Kick off the weekend Friday at Hammerhead’s Bar & Grill with a delicious Baytowne Seafood Boil beginning at 5 p.m. On Saturday, from noon to 4 p.m., enjoy live Zydeco music from Dikki Du and the Zydeco Krewe, family activities and the best gumbo cook-off on the Gulf Coast.
Festival guests can vote for People’s Choice awards in gumbo and become eligible for raffle items from the participating restaurants. After the People’s Choice honors are given, judges will award first, second and third place in the participant categories, as well as an award for best display. This year, event sponsor Community Broadcasters is awarding a $1,000 commercial prize package to their favorite gumbo. The awards ceremony will begin at approximately 4 p.m.
“It’s time to see who has the best gumbo on the Emerald Coast for 2018,” says Julie Stuckey, events manager for The Village of Baytowne Wharf. “This festival’s atmosphere is so fun, with live music, free kid’s activities, and restaurants from all over our area vying for your vote. It’s a fun day for the whole family.”
Current participants include Bubba Gump Shrimp Co, Boathouse Oyster Bar, Burnt Pine Golf Club at Sandestin, Cabana Café, Chiringo, Crab Island Cantina, Ernie’s Dockside Café, Dewey Destin, Gibson Catering, Harry T’s, Marina Bar & Grill at Sandestin, Marlin Grill, O Quigley’s Seafood Steamer and Sports Bar, Slip Lips Seafood & Oyster House, Sunset Bay Café, and John Wehner’s Village Door Dockside Restaurant.
Tickets are $25 in advance and $30 on event day and are now available for purchase online at SandestinGumboFestival.com.
The Sandestin Gumbo Festival is proud to partner with Sandestin Foundation for Kids, where a portion of the proceeds benefit the foundation’s causes and organizations that have the most impact and make a meaningful and positive difference in the lives of children.
The Village of Baytowne Wharf invites local businesses and restaurants to join in the fun by becoming gumbo participants. Participants of the Sandestin Gumbo Festival will be included in the event’s marketing package and have an opportunity to win radio and print advertising through sponsors. Also, award winners will receive prize money. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Art Classes & Workshops
- Art Events
- Art Galleries
- Call to Artists
- MKAF Outreach Makes History with Two-Week Artist Residency Program
- Author and Filmmaker Junger Takes Center Stage at NWF Reads
- Book Clubs
- Poetry Contest Winners Announced
- Recommended Reading
- Corner Wine Bar Offers Medley of Contrasting Tastes, Textures
- Restaurant Guide
- Sandestin Wine Festival – Come for the Wine, Stay for the Fun
- Where to Spend Your Happy Hours in Beachcomberland
- A Million Dollar Lineup for Bands of 30A’s April 14 Event
- Jazz on the Lawn at Destin Library with BMA Winner Cheryl Jones
- Live Music
- Stranger Things…
- The Pauseandplay.com Record Roundup
- Towne: The Records That Changed Our Lives
- VS. – The Battle of Record Store Day 2019
- Woody Still Matters
- Gumbo Fest Benefits Sandestin Kids
- NWF State College Part 1 – Big Wins for Marketing and PR Team
- NWF State College Part 2 – Collegiate High Schoolers Dominate at Math Bowl