Bijoux Restaurant + Spirits, located in The Market Shops at the entrance of Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort in Miramar Beach, was recently recognized as one of Florida’s best places to dine with Florida Trend’s Golden Spoon award. The annual winners appear in the 50th Anniversary Golden Spoon special section in the December issue of Florida Trend magazine.
An award-winning restaurant since 2002, Bijoux embodies coastal cuisine with a New Orleans flair. Open for dinner seven nights a week, Bijoux owners Leslie and Jack McGuckin feature the freshest Gulf seafood, prime steaks and an extensive wine list. The stylish bar and intimate lounge area features a nightly (5-7 p.m.) happy hour menu featuring wine, specialty martinis and craft cocktails. The Bijoux team curates seasonal menus that features ingredients sourced both locally and regionally.
For the past 50 years, Florida Trend has provided readers with a guide to the state’s finest restaurants, celebrating the diversity of dining opportunities from coast to coast. The Golden Spoon awards recognize individual achievement and distinctive contributions to the Florida restaurant scene.
“Dining out is a major activity for Florida citizens and our 110 million annual visitors,” says Florida Trend publisher Andy Corty. “We are pleased to recognize the leaders.”
Discover more at BijouxDestin.com.
– Lauren Gall
- Art Classes & Workshops
- Art Events
- Art Galleries
- Call to Artists
- MKAF Outreach Makes History with Two-Week Artist Residency Program
- Author and Filmmaker Junger Takes Center Stage at NWF Reads
- Book Clubs
- Poetry Contest Winners Announced
- Recommended Reading
- Corner Wine Bar Offers Medley of Contrasting Tastes, Textures
- Restaurant Guide
- Sandestin Wine Festival – Come for the Wine, Stay for the Fun
- Where to Spend Your Happy Hours in Beachcomberland
- A Million Dollar Lineup for Bands of 30A’s April 14 Event
- Jazz on the Lawn at Destin Library with BMA Winner Cheryl Jones
- Live Music
- Stranger Things…
- The Pauseandplay.com Record Roundup
- Towne: The Records That Changed Our Lives
- VS. – The Battle of Record Store Day 2019
- Woody Still Matters
- Gumbo Fest Benefits Sandestin Kids
- NWF State College Part 1 – Big Wins for Marketing and PR Team
- NWF State College Part 2 – Collegiate High Schoolers Dominate at Math Bowl
It’s Not Augusta National
By Charles Morgan III The beach that runs the length of the Panhandle of Florida was once known for its soft, snow-white sand. It is now getting recognition for the threatening...
The music-loving portion of the Beachcomber community—most of us, I’d say—got some devastating news early in the week when we learned that the talented young vocalist Buddy Brumit died in an automobile...
Towne: The Records That Changed Our Lives
Jon Decious: While there must be at least 100 records that have changed my life, looking back I think Garth Brooks’ Ropin’ the Wind might be the one responsible (to blame) for...
Thursday, April 11 AJ’S, Destin WILL & LINDA, 4-8 PM (Bimini Stage) CHASING JAYMIE, 6-10 PM (Tiki Stage) REDSHIRT FRESHMAN (Bimini Stage) AJ’S ON THE BAYOU, Fort Walton Beach CHRIS HAYES, 5-9 PM AL’S BEACH...
MKAF Outreach Makes History with Two-Week Artist Residency Program
Recently, the Mattie Kelly Arts Foundation (MKAF) Community Outreach impacted 5,700 children in Okaloosa and Walton counties. The original touring productions of The Snow Queen and The Reluctant Dragon by The Atlantic...
Corner Wine Bar Offers Medley of Contrasting Tastes, Textures
I’ve been a fan of Vin’tij since it opened more than 20 years ago in Miramar Beach. In case you haven’t been for a while, they’ve moved from their more modest location...