Bijoux Restaurant + Spirits, located in The Market Shops at the entrance of Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort in Miramar Beach, was recently recognized as one of Florida’s best places to dine with Florida Trend’s Golden Spoon award. The annual winners appear in the 50th Anniversary Golden Spoon special section in the December issue of Florida Trend magazine.
An award-winning restaurant since 2002, Bijoux embodies coastal cuisine with a New Orleans flair. Open for dinner seven nights a week, Bijoux owners Leslie and Jack McGuckin feature the freshest Gulf seafood, prime steaks and an extensive wine list. The stylish bar and intimate lounge area features a nightly (5-7 p.m.) happy hour menu featuring wine, specialty martinis and craft cocktails. The Bijoux team curates seasonal menus that features ingredients sourced both locally and regionally.
For the past 50 years, Florida Trend has provided readers with a guide to the state’s finest restaurants, celebrating the diversity of dining opportunities from coast to coast. The Golden Spoon awards recognize individual achievement and distinctive contributions to the Florida restaurant scene.
“Dining out is a major activity for Florida citizens and our 110 million annual visitors,” says Florida Trend publisher Andy Corty. “We are pleased to recognize the leaders.”
Discover more at BijouxDestin.com.
– Lauren Gall
- Art Classes & Workshops
- Art Events
- Art Galleries
- Artist Joey McKenna Steps into Nature This Month at SoWal Library
- Call to Artists
- Adopt a Family for the Holidays
- Community Bank Invests $15,000 in NWF State College Students
- Making an Impact: Over $500K Awarded to Local Nonprofits
- Caring and Sharing: Café Thirty-A’s Annual Christmas Charity Ball
- Hold the Dishwashing, Please… Thanksgiving Dining Out Options
- North Beach Tortilla Co. Offers Sand and Sunsets in Santa Rosa Beach
- Overproof, Full Proof and Navy Strength Rums…and the Cocktails That Love Them
- Restaurant Guide
- Rosemary Beach Prohibition Repeal Wine Dinner Set for Dec. 7
- Where to Spend Your Happy Hours
- It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Hallmark!
- Local Film Screenings
- Reviews: Dafoe and Pattinson Shine in “Lighthouse,” Eddie Gets His Dolemite On
- Eric Paslay’s Favorite Live Tracks
- Live Music
- Rock Stars of Comedy… Gallagher Is Coming to Town
- The Pauseandplay.com Record Roundup
- The Record That Changed My Life: Al Alvarado
Harbor Docks Celebrates 25 Years of Thanksgiving Tradition
By Chris Manson Former Harbor Docks owner and Beachcomber contributing writer Charles Morgan credits longtime employee Ann Jones (a/k/a Miss Ann) with the idea of opening the restaurant on Thanksgiving Day....
Where to Spend Your Happy Hours
Baxter’s Bar & Grille 605 James Lee Road Fort Walton Beach 850-812-6868 When: 3-6 PM and 10 PM-Midnight daily. Closed Mondays (for now). Drink Specials: $3 wells, $2 drafts. Camille’s at Crystal...
North Beach Tortilla Co. Offers Sand and Sunsets in Santa Rosa Beach
By Lauren Sage Reinlie Northwest Florida has a new spot to unwind and soak up all the beauty the area has to offer. Chef Jim Shirley’s North Beach Tortilla Co....
Bob Luongo writes: “Two years ago my Jack Russell friend of 15 years died. Penny was my constant companion. For the last two years I’ve had many recurring dreams where I was...
Thursday, Nov. 7 AJ’S ON THE BAYOU, Fort Walton Beach HAYES & HOWLAND, 5-9 PM CAMILLE’S, Destin, CamillesAtCrystalBeach.com DEAN SADOWSKI, 3-5 PM G.I. JADE TIKI BAR AND BISTRO, Fort Walton Beach BOBBYD, 6-9 PM Ladies...
Rock Stars of Comedy… Gallagher Is Coming to Town
By Nikki Hedrick Not many comedians reach household name status. Gallagher, by his account, has logged over 4,000 shows and over a dozen comedy TV specials, and has only been slightly...