Restaurant Paradis is proud to present their Third Annual Prohibition Repeal Wine Dinner. The Dec. 9 party has a Prohibition Era theme, with proceeds benefitting the Emerald Coast Children’s Advocacy Center.
Beginning at 6:30 p.m., guests are invited to delight in vintage cocktails and wines from the Copper Cane Wines & Provisions collection. In keeping with the night’s theme, the dress code is 1930s attire. In addition to a four-course wine pairing and a four-course dinner provided by Chef Mark Eichin and his talented culinary team, guests can commemorate the evening with Epic Photo Co.’s photo booth.
Chef Eichin’s pairing menu will include:
- Belle Glos Rose of Pinot Noir ‘16, Sonoma, with lapin roti a la nicoise rabbit nicoise, seared rabbit leg braised with wine, crusted tomato, garlic onion olive, and roasted fingerlings.
- Quilt Chardonnay ‘15, Napa Valley, with Cornish game hen potpie, lima beans, carrots peas, celery, and potatoes.
- Belle Glos “Clark and Telephone” Pinot Noir ‘15, Santa Maria Valley with braised bone in short rib pot roast style, roasted root veg, new potatoes butter parsley puree, and pinot noir reduction.
- Quilt Cabernet Sauvignon ‘15, Napa Valley with hazelnut encrusted black berry tarte, dark chocolate sauce and Nutella gelato.
Twenty percent of all proceeds from the event will benefit the Emerald Coast Children’s Advocacy Center.
Tickets are $125 per person and are available by calling 850-534-0400 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Credit card is required to reserve, but will not be charged unless the party does not show up. A 24-hour cancellation notice is required, or the credit card on file will be charged 50 percent of the cost of the tickets.
– Jessica Proffitt Bracken
- Art Classes & Workshops
- Art Events
- Art Galleries
- Call to Artists
- Nikki Hedrick: 5 Ways You Can Support the Arts
- Robin Wiesneth: My Creative Kickstarts
- Bruce Collier: 10 Things I’d Never Write in a Restaurant Review
- Nikki Hedrick: Misconceptions About Vegetarianism
- Restaurant Guide
- Taco Variations and Cool Stuff to Look at in Santa Rosa Beach
- Where to Spend Your Happy Hours in Beachcomberland
- Aimee Shaffer: My Favorite Animal Events to Emcee
- Nikki Hedrick: 6 Things You Can Do to Make Your Wedding Day Easier
- “Hey!” 5 Musicians Who Inspire Cheryl Jones
- Beachcomberland’s Greatest Hits
- Bobby Tomberlin: My Earl Thomas Conley Top 5
- Drink On It – Blake Shelton’s Favorite Drinking Songs
- Joe Fingas’ Favorite Blues Men and Women
- Live Music
- Nikki Hedrick: How to Become a Concert Photographer
- Woofy Ramone’s 2019 Record Store Day Finds
Aimee Shaffer: My Favorite Animal Events to Emcee
In no particular order… The PAWS “On the Throttle” Poker Run. This biker-supported fundraiser, held every mid-March, brings together bikers who travel to several bars and restaurants in Okaloosa and Walton...
To get a bunch of people we love in a single issue. To inspire hateful debate on social media. Readers’ attention spans tend to favor shorter pieces these days. Are you bored...
David Simmons’ Top 25 Films of All Time
The Tree of Life (Terrence Malick, 2011) Selma (Ava Duvernay, 2014) Moonlight (Barry Jenkins, 2016) Cinema Paradiso (Giuseppe Tornatore, Italy, 1989) Persona (Ingmar Bergman, Sweden, 1966) There Will Be Blood (Paul Thomas...
Alaqua’s Hero Dogs: Headed for Hollywood?
Alaqua Animal Refuge is proud to announce that four Alaqua alumni dogs have been nominated for the national American Humane Hero Dog Awards, which celebrates the incredible relationship between dogs and people,...
Taco Variations and Cool Stuff to Look at in Santa Rosa Beach
If you love tacos and their variations, but want something more than a fast-food experience—such as servers, a full bar, comfy seats and cool stuff to look at while you eat—Red Fish...
THROUGH SUNDAY, APRIL 28 EMERALD COAST VOLLEYBALL WEEK The Boardwalk, Okaloosa Island EmeraldCoastVolleyball.com Over 300 teams compete. Players and spectators welcome. THURSDAY, APRIL 25 OKALOOSA COUNTY FARMERS MARKET Northwest Florida Fairgrounds, Fort...