Stage Crafters announces auditions for their first production of the 2018 season, Noises Off!
The comedy is a “play within a play” that follows a group of bumbling actors beginning with their dress rehearsal of Nothing On. It’s midnight and the cast is hopelessly unprepared. Baffled by entrances and exits, missed cues, and bothersome props, they drive their director to near hysteria.
Then we see a matinee performance a month later from backstage with romantic rivalries, lovers’ tiffs, and personal quarrels leading to offstage shenanigans, onstage bedlam, and the occasional attack with a fire axe.
Finally, we see a performance near the end of the 10-week run. Relationships between the cast members have soured, the set is breaking down, and props are winding up on the floor and in the way. The actors remain determined to cover up the mounting chaos, but it is not long before the plot has to be abandoned entirely.
Noises Off! pokes fun at theater and takes the audience on a hilarious ride, giving new meaning to “the show must go on.”
Auditions are Dec. 4 and 5 at the Stage Crafters Rehearsal Hall, located at 40 Robinwood Drive in Fort Walton Beach. Check-in and script availability are at 6:30 p.m., with auditions beginning at 7. Performance dates are March 16-18 and 23-25.
- Art Classes & Workshops
- Art Events
- Art Galleries
- Artist Joey McKenna Steps into Nature This Month at SoWal Library
- Call to Artists
- Adopt a Family for the Holidays
- Community Bank Invests $15,000 in NWF State College Students
- Making an Impact: Over $500K Awarded to Local Nonprofits
- Caring and Sharing: Café Thirty-A’s Annual Christmas Charity Ball
- Hold the Dishwashing, Please… Thanksgiving Dining Out Options
- North Beach Tortilla Co. Offers Sand and Sunsets in Santa Rosa Beach
- Overproof, Full Proof and Navy Strength Rums…and the Cocktails That Love Them
- Restaurant Guide
- Rosemary Beach Prohibition Repeal Wine Dinner Set for Dec. 7
- Where to Spend Your Happy Hours
- It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Hallmark!
- Local Film Screenings
- Reviews: Dafoe and Pattinson Shine in “Lighthouse,” Eddie Gets His Dolemite On
- Eric Paslay’s Favorite Live Tracks
- Live Music
- Rock Stars of Comedy… Gallagher Is Coming to Town
- The Pauseandplay.com Record Roundup
- The Record That Changed My Life: Al Alvarado