Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort will be the backdrop for the annual Sandestin Foundation for Kids Gameday 5K Saturday, Nov. 11. The event is designed for all and will feature a one-mile fun run for children 12 and younger and a 5K.
Sandestin invites running enthusiasts to enjoy great weather and scenic surroundings. Participants will be able to soak in views of the beautiful 2,400-acre resort including the Choctawhatchee Bay, pristine golf courses, ponds, nature and much more.
The event benefits Sandestin Foundation for Kids, an organization that allows for funds to be gifted to needy children and families quickly in the event of a tragedy. Sandestin Foundation for Kids’ goal is to provide support immediately, when it is needed most to children throughout the community and abroad.
Run, walk or come for the after party. There are plenty of ways to participate in the Sandestin Foundation for Kids Gameday 5K. The schedule of events is as follows:
Friday, Nov 10. Packet pickup at Sandestin Welcome Center lobby, 3-6 p.m.
Saturday, Nov. 11. Event day packet pickup at Baytowne Marina, 8-9 a.m.; 5K and one-mile fun run, 9 a.m.; post-run party, 9:30 a.m.
Registration for the one-mile fun run and walk is $20. Registration for the 5K run and walk is $35 ($25 for children under 12). Adult post-party wristbands are $15; kids pay $5. A 10 percent military discount is being offered.
The post-run party at Sandestin’s Baytowne Marina includes cornhole, bounce house, face painting, hot dogs, amazing silent auction items, and the college football game of the day live on the jumbo screen overlooking the Bay. Each runner over the age of 21 will also receive three beers at the post-run party.
– Brooke Scholl
- Art Classes & Workshops
- Art Events
- Art Galleries
- Artist Joey McKenna Steps into Nature This Month at SoWal Library
- Call to Artists
- Adopt a Family for the Holidays
- Community Bank Invests $15,000 in NWF State College Students
- Making an Impact: Over $500K Awarded to Local Nonprofits
- Caring and Sharing: Café Thirty-A’s Annual Christmas Charity Ball
- Hold the Dishwashing, Please… Thanksgiving Dining Out Options
- North Beach Tortilla Co. Offers Sand and Sunsets in Santa Rosa Beach
- Overproof, Full Proof and Navy Strength Rums…and the Cocktails That Love Them
- Restaurant Guide
- Rosemary Beach Prohibition Repeal Wine Dinner Set for Dec. 7
- Where to Spend Your Happy Hours
- It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Hallmark!
- Local Film Screenings
- Reviews: Dafoe and Pattinson Shine in “Lighthouse,” Eddie Gets His Dolemite On
- Eric Paslay’s Favorite Live Tracks
- Live Music
- Rock Stars of Comedy… Gallagher Is Coming to Town
- The Pauseandplay.com Record Roundup
- The Record That Changed My Life: Al Alvarado