Boshamps Oyster House hosted the 2017 Swordy Shootout, benefitting Emerald Coast Autism Center, September 21-24.
The event kicked off with a captain’s meeting on Thursday. Fishing occurred throughout the next few days with weigh-ins on the docks at Boshamps Saturday and Sunday.
The tournament guaranteed a prize of $10,000 for the largest swordfish. Other categories included aggregate swordfish, biggest dolphin, biggest tuna, biggest wahoo, and video tag and release.
The largest fish of the tournament, a 244-pound Swordfish caught by Wide Open, was brought in Sunday. Total tournament payout was $88,250. Winners were as follows:
Overall, the 2017 Swordy Shootout raised a total of $7,825 for the Emerald Coast Autism Center.
- Art Classes & Workshops
- Art Events
- Art Galleries
- Artist Joey McKenna Steps into Nature This Month at SoWal Library
- Call to Artists
- Adopt a Family for the Holidays
- Community Bank Invests $15,000 in NWF State College Students
- Making an Impact: Over $500K Awarded to Local Nonprofits
- Caring and Sharing: Café Thirty-A’s Annual Christmas Charity Ball
- Hold the Dishwashing, Please… Thanksgiving Dining Out Options
- North Beach Tortilla Co. Offers Sand and Sunsets in Santa Rosa Beach
- Overproof, Full Proof and Navy Strength Rums…and the Cocktails That Love Them
- Restaurant Guide
- Rosemary Beach Prohibition Repeal Wine Dinner Set for Dec. 7
- Where to Spend Your Happy Hours
- It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Hallmark!
- Local Film Screenings
- Reviews: Dafoe and Pattinson Shine in “Lighthouse,” Eddie Gets His Dolemite On
- Eric Paslay’s Favorite Live Tracks
- Live Music
- Rock Stars of Comedy… Gallagher Is Coming to Town
- The Pauseandplay.com Record Roundup
- The Record That Changed My Life: Al Alvarado
Harbor Docks Celebrates 25 Years of Thanksgiving Tradition
By Chris Manson Former Harbor Docks owner and Beachcomber contributing writer Charles Morgan credits longtime employee Ann Jones (a/k/a Miss Ann) with the idea of opening the restaurant on Thanksgiving Day....
Where to Spend Your Happy Hours
Baxter’s Bar & Grille 605 James Lee Road Fort Walton Beach 850-812-6868 When: 3-6 PM and 10 PM-Midnight daily. Closed Mondays (for now). Drink Specials: $3 wells, $2 drafts. Camille’s at Crystal...
North Beach Tortilla Co. Offers Sand and Sunsets in Santa Rosa Beach
By Lauren Sage Reinlie Northwest Florida has a new spot to unwind and soak up all the beauty the area has to offer. Chef Jim Shirley’s North Beach Tortilla Co....
Bob Luongo writes: “Two years ago my Jack Russell friend of 15 years died. Penny was my constant companion. For the last two years I’ve had many recurring dreams where I was...
Thursday, Nov. 7 AJ’S ON THE BAYOU, Fort Walton Beach HAYES & HOWLAND, 5-9 PM CAMILLE’S, Destin, CamillesAtCrystalBeach.com DEAN SADOWSKI, 3-5 PM G.I. JADE TIKI BAR AND BISTRO, Fort Walton Beach BOBBYD, 6-9 PM Ladies...
Rock Stars of Comedy… Gallagher Is Coming to Town
By Nikki Hedrick Not many comedians reach household name status. Gallagher, by his account, has logged over 4,000 shows and over a dozen comedy TV specials, and has only been slightly...