Sullivan has been involved in commercial and residential real estate for over 14 years, including management, construction and ownership of a successful real estate company right here on the Emerald Coast.
If you have a specific real estate topic you would like to see addressed in future issues, email email@example.com.
By Jerry Sullivan, Century 21 Blue Marlin Real Estate
At Century 21 Blue Marlin, we’ve learned countless valuable lessons since opening our doors. We’ve been in almost every situation imaginable on behalf of our clients, both buyers and sellers.
We know the process of buying real estate along Florida’s Emerald Coast can be daunting, and that’s why we’ve compiled our top five tips to help with this process in the Destin and 30A areas specifically.
1. Know What You Are Working With. To buy a home, you need credit. Unless you’re Daddy Warbucks and plan on paying for your beautiful beachside bungalow in cash, you are going to need assistance from the bank. Simply put, a credit score is a three-digit number that uses information from your credit report to assess your creditworthiness.
Mainly, it’s an indication of how likely you are to repay debts in a timely manner. Your credit score will be an important factor when your mortgage lender is deciding if you are a viable candidate for them to lend money to.
2. Know Who You Are Working With. Let’s face it, our area is inundated with realtors. Every Jack and Jill is ready to sell you the American Dream, but it’s important to be wary of those who are only looking to turn a profit.
At Century 21 Blue Marlin, we take the time to connect with our clients on a more personal level. We know that as your agent we are going to be your personal shopper. Not every buyer has the time to take out of their workday to make sure boxes are checked on the must-haves home list. That’s where we come in.
3. Know Your Needs. Knowing what you want can quickly weed out the lemons. Let your agent know your non-negotiables and go from there. This will cut down on your time spent shopping instantly.
4. Know Your Neighbors. One of the great things about our area is our housing market’s diversity. While the distance from county line to county line may seem unnerving, especially in high season, the truth is Destin and 30A aren’t all that far apart. We encourage buyers to take a look at all of their options and the amenities associated with each.
5. Know The Feeling. At Century 21 Blue Marlin, we will not rest until we know you are comfortable with your decision to buy a home. We know this is a big step, and one that cannot be taken lightly.
We’re ready to work with you and make sure you get those warm and fuzzy feelings from the purchase of your new home or income property.
- Art Classes & Workshops
- Art Events
- Art Galleries
- Call to Artists
- MKAF Outreach Makes History with Two-Week Artist Residency Program
- Author and Filmmaker Junger Takes Center Stage at NWF Reads
- Book Clubs
- Poetry Contest Winners Announced
- Recommended Reading
- Corner Wine Bar Offers Medley of Contrasting Tastes, Textures
- Restaurant Guide
- Sandestin Wine Festival – Come for the Wine, Stay for the Fun
- Where to Spend Your Happy Hours in Beachcomberland
- A Million Dollar Lineup for Bands of 30A’s April 14 Event
- Jazz on the Lawn at Destin Library with BMA Winner Cheryl Jones
- Live Music
- Stranger Things…
- The Pauseandplay.com Record Roundup
- Towne: The Records That Changed Our Lives
- VS. – The Battle of Record Store Day 2019
- Woody Still Matters
- Gumbo Fest Benefits Sandestin Kids
- NWF State College Part 1 – Big Wins for Marketing and PR Team
- NWF State College Part 2 – Collegiate High Schoolers Dominate at Math Bowl