Join the Okaloosa Arts Alliance (OAA) Sunday, July 30, from 2 to 4 p.m. for Poetry, Music & Wine at Shalimar’s Twisted Grape. Friends and supporters of the arts will enjoy great food, wine, drawings and an open mic for poets and musicians to read, improvise and perform together.
Tickets are $25 each or $45 for two, available at www.okaloosaarts.org or by calling or emailing Amy at 850-499-8335 and email@example.com respectively. Your ticket covers food and five wine tastings. All proceeds will benefit the Okaloosa Arts Alliance.
The OAA is the officially designated non-profit arts agency for Okaloosa County with the mission of supporting and promoting art and culture in Okaloosa County. The Okaloosa Arts Alliance enhances the cultural environment of its community, and promotes, coordinates, and nurtures high quality arts and cultural resources that enrich the lives of residents and visitors.
The OAA is supported in part by the Florida Department of State and from Arts auto license tag revenues but could not exist without its members and community support.
– Amy Baty-Herbert
- Art Classes & Workshops
- Art Events
- Art Galleries
- Artist Joey McKenna Steps into Nature This Month at SoWal Library
- Call to Artists
- Adopt a Family for the Holidays
- Community Bank Invests $15,000 in NWF State College Students
- Making an Impact: Over $500K Awarded to Local Nonprofits
- Caring and Sharing: Café Thirty-A’s Annual Christmas Charity Ball
- Hold the Dishwashing, Please… Thanksgiving Dining Out Options
- North Beach Tortilla Co. Offers Sand and Sunsets in Santa Rosa Beach
- Overproof, Full Proof and Navy Strength Rums…and the Cocktails That Love Them
- Restaurant Guide
- Rosemary Beach Prohibition Repeal Wine Dinner Set for Dec. 7
- Where to Spend Your Happy Hours
- It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Hallmark!
- Local Film Screenings
- Reviews: Dafoe and Pattinson Shine in “Lighthouse,” Eddie Gets His Dolemite On
- Eric Paslay’s Favorite Live Tracks
- Live Music
- Rock Stars of Comedy… Gallagher Is Coming to Town
- The Pauseandplay.com Record Roundup
- The Record That Changed My Life: Al Alvarado
Where to Spend Your Happy Hours
Baxter’s Bar & Grille 605 James Lee Road Fort Walton Beach 850-812-6868 When: 3-6 PM and 10 PM-Midnight daily. Closed Mondays (for now). Drink Specials: $3 wells, $2 drafts. Camille’s at Crystal...
Harbor Docks Celebrates 25 Years of Thanksgiving Tradition
By Chris Manson Former Harbor Docks owner and Beachcomber contributing writer Charles Morgan credits longtime employee Ann Jones (a/k/a Miss Ann) with the idea of opening the restaurant on Thanksgiving Day....
North Beach Tortilla Co. Offers Sand and Sunsets in Santa Rosa Beach
By Lauren Sage Reinlie Northwest Florida has a new spot to unwind and soak up all the beauty the area has to offer. Chef Jim Shirley’s North Beach Tortilla Co....
Upcoming Stage Shows
FRIDAY, NOV. 8-SATURDAY, NOV. 9 STAGE CRAFTERS’ “THE PAJAMA GAME” Fort Walton Beach Civic Auditorium, 7:30 PM StageCraftersFWB.com Tickets are $25. Cast includes Tim Bartley, Terry Carnathan, David Chancellor, Gabriella Dedmore, Azhia...
Making an Impact: Over $500K Awarded to Local Nonprofits
The members of IMPACT 100 of Northwest Florida voted and announced recently the grant recipients for 2019, awarding five $101,600 grants. Representatives of each nonprofit organization named as a finalist were present,...
Rock Stars of Comedy… Gallagher Is Coming to Town
By Nikki Hedrick Not many comedians reach household name status. Gallagher, by his account, has logged over 4,000 shows and over a dozen comedy TV specials, and has only been slightly...