Presented by YOLO Board Adventures, the events will be held at the Bay restaurant with races on the beautiful Choctawhatchee Bay. Race days will include giveaways, live music, refreshments and kids’ activities.
One of the pioneer SUP events on the Northwest Florida Gulf Coast, the YOLO Board Relay Series has expanded and evolved as the sport’s popularity has grown across the area. This year’s edition will feature team relay-style competition in three recreational divisions—Men’s, Women’s and Coed, along with the return of a division dedicated to Special Olympics Florida-Walton County athletes.
“Each year we are overwhelmed by the enthusiasm and participation of the local SUP community for the race series,” says Jeff Archer, founder of YOLO Board. “When the series began, we had no idea that it would still be a highlight of our season 10 years later. Adding the Special Olympics athletes has been such a rewarding experience for all involved. I love how this sport brings joy and empowerment to everyone who tries it.”
Defined by a lighthearted and festive atmosphere, the series allows participants of all skill levels to enjoy being on the water and offers the perfect venue for spectators to relax and cheer on their favorite teams. The Bay offers a picturesque sandy beach along the shores of the Choctawhatchee Bay with seating and refreshments readily available.
Signature 10th anniversary t-shirts will be available for purchase at each race, and all racers receive a swag bag that includes a t-shirt.
Each race series event will begin at 4:30 p.m. at the Bay, located at 24215 US Highway 331 South in Santa Rosa Beach.
– Mitzi Archer
- Art Classes & Workshops
- Art Events
- Art Galleries
- Artist Joey McKenna Steps into Nature This Month at SoWal Library
- Call to Artists
- Adopt a Family for the Holidays
- Community Bank Invests $15,000 in NWF State College Students
- Making an Impact: Over $500K Awarded to Local Nonprofits
- Caring and Sharing: Café Thirty-A’s Annual Christmas Charity Ball
- Hold the Dishwashing, Please… Thanksgiving Dining Out Options
- North Beach Tortilla Co. Offers Sand and Sunsets in Santa Rosa Beach
- Overproof, Full Proof and Navy Strength Rums…and the Cocktails That Love Them
- Restaurant Guide
- Rosemary Beach Prohibition Repeal Wine Dinner Set for Dec. 7
- Where to Spend Your Happy Hours
- It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Hallmark!
- Local Film Screenings
- Reviews: Dafoe and Pattinson Shine in “Lighthouse,” Eddie Gets His Dolemite On
- Eric Paslay’s Favorite Live Tracks
- Live Music
- Rock Stars of Comedy… Gallagher Is Coming to Town
- The Pauseandplay.com Record Roundup
- The Record That Changed My Life: Al Alvarado
Harbor Docks Celebrates 25 Years of Thanksgiving Tradition
By Chris Manson Former Harbor Docks owner and Beachcomber contributing writer Charles Morgan credits longtime employee Ann Jones (a/k/a Miss Ann) with the idea of opening the restaurant on Thanksgiving Day....
Where to Spend Your Happy Hours
Baxter’s Bar & Grille 605 James Lee Road Fort Walton Beach 850-812-6868 When: 3-6 PM and 10 PM-Midnight daily. Closed Mondays (for now). Drink Specials: $3 wells, $2 drafts. Camille’s at Crystal...
North Beach Tortilla Co. Offers Sand and Sunsets in Santa Rosa Beach
By Lauren Sage Reinlie Northwest Florida has a new spot to unwind and soak up all the beauty the area has to offer. Chef Jim Shirley’s North Beach Tortilla Co....
Upcoming Stage Shows
FRIDAY, NOV. 8-SATURDAY, NOV. 9 STAGE CRAFTERS’ “THE PAJAMA GAME” Fort Walton Beach Civic Auditorium, 7:30 PM StageCraftersFWB.com Tickets are $25. Cast includes Tim Bartley, Terry Carnathan, David Chancellor, Gabriella Dedmore, Azhia...
Making an Impact: Over $500K Awarded to Local Nonprofits
The members of IMPACT 100 of Northwest Florida voted and announced recently the grant recipients for 2019, awarding five $101,600 grants. Representatives of each nonprofit organization named as a finalist were present,...
Beachside Worship Services
ALIVE CHAPEL Sundays – coffee fellowship, 9 AM; praise and worship, 9:30 AM; pastor’s message, 10 AM. Located at 12381 U.S. 98, Miramar Beach. www.theALIVECHAPEL.org. CORPUS CHRISTI CATHOLIC CHURCH Mass schedule (through Sept....