Auditions will be held in the Sprint Theater at the Mattie Kelly Fine & Performing Arts Center on the college’s Niceville campus at 100 College Boulevard. Sign-in is at 6 p.m., with auditions starting at 6:30. The show will be performed July 19-22 on the Mainstage Theater.
The show will cast 18 women’s roles and 10 men’s roles. Those who audition must be age 16 or older. Each person should come prepared with a 90-second package of 16 bars of music, plus a monologue. Both pieces together shouldn’t exceed 90 seconds. The 16 bars may be selected from any musical.
All who audition must bring their own music in the correct key for the college-provided accompanist to play. There will be no a capella auditions. If necessary, music should be marked with cuts for the accompanist.
Those who audition should come dressed appropriately for a movement portion to the audition. Those chosen for the call back portion of the audition will sing selected pieces from the Sister Act show, and those pieces will be announced at the audition.
The comedy Sister Act is a contemporary Broadway musical based on the hit 1992 film. The uplifting musical is filled with powerful gospel music, outrageous dancing, plenty of laughs and a truly moving story. When a disco diva witnesses a murder, she is put in protective custody in a convent disguised as a nun. Using her disco moves and singing talent, she inspires the church choir and breathes new life into the community. Sister Act is a sparkling tribute to the universal power of friendship and gives reason to rejoice.
Sister Act will be directed by Joseph Taylor, NWFSC Professor of Dance and Dance Program Coordinator. For information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 850-729-6036.
Tickets for the show go on sale May 1, available online at MattieKellyArtsCenter.org, at the box office, or by calling 850-729-6000.
– Sylvia Bryan
- Art Classes & Workshops
- Art Events
- Art Galleries
- Artist Joey McKenna Steps into Nature This Month at SoWal Library
- Call to Artists
- Adopt a Family for the Holidays
- Community Bank Invests $15,000 in NWF State College Students
- Making an Impact: Over $500K Awarded to Local Nonprofits
- Caring and Sharing: Café Thirty-A’s Annual Christmas Charity Ball
- Hold the Dishwashing, Please… Thanksgiving Dining Out Options
- North Beach Tortilla Co. Offers Sand and Sunsets in Santa Rosa Beach
- Overproof, Full Proof and Navy Strength Rums…and the Cocktails That Love Them
- Restaurant Guide
- Rosemary Beach Prohibition Repeal Wine Dinner Set for Dec. 7
- Where to Spend Your Happy Hours
- It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Hallmark!
- Local Film Screenings
- Reviews: Dafoe and Pattinson Shine in “Lighthouse,” Eddie Gets His Dolemite On
- Eric Paslay’s Favorite Live Tracks
- Live Music
- Rock Stars of Comedy… Gallagher Is Coming to Town
- The Pauseandplay.com Record Roundup
- The Record That Changed My Life: Al Alvarado