In his new position, Chef Vargo will blend Baltimore’s traditional and historical influences, Martha’s Vineyard’s emphasis on organic produce and seasonal seafood, and the Ritz-Carlton’s world-class standards for fine dining and excellence in service into the Hilton Sandestin Beach experience.
Chef Vargo started his journey at Hilton Sandestin Beach in April 2012 as executive chef at Seagar’s Prime Steaks & Seafood, the resort’s AAA Four-Diamond restaurant.
“With his vast knowledge and numerous accolades, Chef Vargo will undoubtedly enhance our already exceptional culinary team at Hilton Sandestin Beach,” says General Manager Gary Brielmayer. “Our experience with Chef Vargo at Seagar’s was outstanding, and we’re eager to put his considerable talents to work for all our resort guests.”
Prior to his time at Seagar’s Prime Steaks & Seafood at Hilton Sandestin Beach, Chef Vargo dedicated eight years to the Ritz-Carlton in Naples, Florida, where he worked as Executive Sous Chef and Restaurant Chef. He also spent two years as Executive Sous Chef at the Boathouse Club in Martha’s Vineyard.
Vargo has been featured on Emeril’s Florida, Atlanta Eats and Golf Channel’s Morning Drive with Matt Ginella, and at events such as BlogHer Food in Miami, Music City Food & Wine Festival in Nashville, and Boudin, Bourbon and Beer in New Orleans. Chef Vargo was selected as the People’s Choice winner in the 2013 inaugural 30A Throwdown competition and Critics Choice winner in the 2014 competition.
Graduating with honors from Baltimore International College in 2002, Chef Vargo earned a prestigious internship through the American Studies Institute in Ireland with the Park Hotel. Chef Vargo was also selected as a member of Ritz-Carlton’s domestic and international recruiting team sent to South Africa and Peru, where he cooked for orphanages and shelters.
– Sarah Weaver
- Art Classes & Workshops
- Art Events
- Art Galleries
- Call to Artists
- MKAF Outreach Makes History with Two-Week Artist Residency Program
- Author and Filmmaker Junger Takes Center Stage at NWF Reads
- Book Clubs
- Poetry Contest Winners Announced
- Recommended Reading
- Corner Wine Bar Offers Medley of Contrasting Tastes, Textures
- Restaurant Guide
- Sandestin Wine Festival – Come for the Wine, Stay for the Fun
- Where to Spend Your Happy Hours in Beachcomberland
- A Million Dollar Lineup for Bands of 30A’s April 14 Event
- Jazz on the Lawn at Destin Library with BMA Winner Cheryl Jones
- Live Music
- Stranger Things…
- The Pauseandplay.com Record Roundup
- Towne: The Records That Changed Our Lives
- VS. – The Battle of Record Store Day 2019
- Woody Still Matters
- Gumbo Fest Benefits Sandestin Kids
- NWF State College Part 1 – Big Wins for Marketing and PR Team
- NWF State College Part 2 – Collegiate High Schoolers Dominate at Math Bowl