Nine years ago, Blue Lew was instrumental (pun intended) in launching the Beachcomber Music Awards. He’s a past winner for Best Blues Artist and nominated again this year. Blue Lew will present the award for Best Guitarist at the Ninth Ever Beachcomber Music Awards Monday, March 6, at Graffiti & the Funky Blues Shack in Destin.
HOMETOWN: Originally from Spring Hill, Tennessee. I moved to Miramar Beach in 1995 and have been here ever since.
AGE: Too damn old to be working so damn hard!
PROFESSION: Handyman‑foreman for Swift Construction for four years now.
HOBBIES: Enjoying sunrises at the beach and growing things in my backyard, where I enjoy them with my lovely wife Nora and our dog Tupelo.
RECENT ACCOMPLISHMENTS: Remodeling and building multimillion‑dollar homes. In my spare time, Nora and I have written some really cool songs—not yet published.
PROFILE: I’m a singer‑songwriter who loves to play the blues and all forms of Americana music. I met my wife Nora—a 20‑year vet of the New Orleans music scene—in Miramar Beach in 1995. We married in the spring of 1997 and have performed to local audiences as Lew & Nora, Livin’ Large, the Loco Locals, Blue Lew’s Groove, the Blue Lew and Nora Show, and now, Blue Lew’s Rhythm & Dues.
QUOTE: “It is what it is, and it ain’t what it ain’t.”
FAVORITE FREE PUBLICATION: Love reading Beachcomber!
* Inspired by the late, great Creem magazine.
- Art Classes & Workshops
- Art Events
- Art Galleries
- Call to Artists
- Nikki Hedrick: 5 Ways You Can Support the Arts
- Robin Wiesneth: My Creative Kickstarts
- Bruce Collier: 10 Things I’d Never Write in a Restaurant Review
- Nikki Hedrick: Misconceptions About Vegetarianism
- Restaurant Guide
- Taco Variations and Cool Stuff to Look at in Santa Rosa Beach
- Where to Spend Your Happy Hours in Beachcomberland
- Aimee Shaffer: My Favorite Animal Events to Emcee
- Nikki Hedrick: 6 Things You Can Do to Make Your Wedding Day Easier
- “Hey!” 5 Musicians Who Inspire Cheryl Jones
- Beachcomberland’s Greatest Hits
- Bobby Tomberlin: My Earl Thomas Conley Top 5
- Drink On It – Blake Shelton’s Favorite Drinking Songs
- Joe Fingas’ Favorite Blues Men and Women
- Live Music
- Nikki Hedrick: How to Become a Concert Photographer
- Woofy Ramone’s 2019 Record Store Day Finds
To get a bunch of people we love in a single issue. To inspire hateful debate on social media. Readers’ attention spans tend to favor shorter pieces these days. Are you bored...
Aimee Shaffer: My Favorite Animal Events to Emcee
In no particular order… The PAWS “On the Throttle” Poker Run. This biker-supported fundraiser, held every mid-March, brings together bikers who travel to several bars and restaurants in Okaloosa and Walton...
David Simmons’ Top 25 Films of All Time
The Tree of Life (Terrence Malick, 2011) Selma (Ava Duvernay, 2014) Moonlight (Barry Jenkins, 2016) Cinema Paradiso (Giuseppe Tornatore, Italy, 1989) Persona (Ingmar Bergman, Sweden, 1966) There Will Be Blood (Paul Thomas...
Alaqua’s Hero Dogs: Headed for Hollywood?
Alaqua Animal Refuge is proud to announce that four Alaqua alumni dogs have been nominated for the national American Humane Hero Dog Awards, which celebrates the incredible relationship between dogs and people,...
Taco Variations and Cool Stuff to Look at in Santa Rosa Beach
If you love tacos and their variations, but want something more than a fast-food experience—such as servers, a full bar, comfy seats and cool stuff to look at while you eat—Red Fish...
Antiques De France Antiques & Flea Mkt. with over 80+ vendors, lots of unique items to choose from. 230 S.E. Eglin Pkwy. 850-314-7500. SMITH’S ANTIQUES MALL & INTERIORS MARKET 25,000 sq. ft....