ECPHC is a nonprofit corporation that supports local environmental causes, as well as many local and national charities, through fundraising and volunteer activities. Our club raises about $15,000 for various charities every year.
We gather as a “phlock” two times a month. The second Friday of the month, we meet at our “home base,” Landshark’s Pizza in Destin, from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Our meetings are informal with a lot of laughs, tall tales, raffles for our charity of the month, good music, dancing and a little craziness thrown into the blender.
We also meet the fourth Friday of the month at an area bar and/or restaurant. We move these “phlockings” around to visit a different local business every month. The times are the same, 5:30 to 8:30.
We do other periodic activities, such as bowling, Biloxi bus trips, Seablaster Sunset Cruises, Crab Island boat days, beach bonfires, and numerous house concerts with local and traveling Trop Rock musicians.
The club’s motto is to “Party with a Purpose.” Simply put, we support local charities by raising funds and volunteering our time. Last year, the club volunteered more than 2,000 hours for charities. The Arc of the Emerald Coast, Habitat for Humanity, Emerald Coast Foundation, Okaloosa County Adopt a Dune and Alzheimer’s Association were the recipients of our volunteer efforts.
We also raise money through our monthly raffles. Last year, we donated around $15,000 to organizations like PAWS, Alaqua Animal Refuge, Meals on Wheels, Fisher House, Fresh Start, the Anchor, Toys for Tots, the Arc of the Emerald Coast and Emerald Coast Alzheimer’s Association.
Our club is open to all that share our respect of the area. We are truly “the people our parents warned us about.” Come join us for a little tropical escape and a whole lot of fun.
To stay up to date on our locations or obtain membership information, please visit ecparrotheads.org.
– Mike Whitley
- Art Classes & Workshops
- Art Events
- Art Galleries
- Artist Joey McKenna Steps into Nature This Month at SoWal Library
- Call to Artists
- Adopt a Family for the Holidays
- Community Bank Invests $15,000 in NWF State College Students
- Making an Impact: Over $500K Awarded to Local Nonprofits
- Caring and Sharing: Café Thirty-A’s Annual Christmas Charity Ball
- Hold the Dishwashing, Please… Thanksgiving Dining Out Options
- North Beach Tortilla Co. Offers Sand and Sunsets in Santa Rosa Beach
- Overproof, Full Proof and Navy Strength Rums…and the Cocktails That Love Them
- Restaurant Guide
- Rosemary Beach Prohibition Repeal Wine Dinner Set for Dec. 7
- Where to Spend Your Happy Hours
- It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Hallmark!
- Local Film Screenings
- Reviews: Dafoe and Pattinson Shine in “Lighthouse,” Eddie Gets His Dolemite On
- Eric Paslay’s Favorite Live Tracks
- Live Music
- Rock Stars of Comedy… Gallagher Is Coming to Town
- The Pauseandplay.com Record Roundup
- The Record That Changed My Life: Al Alvarado
Harbor Docks Celebrates 25 Years of Thanksgiving Tradition
By Chris Manson Former Harbor Docks owner and Beachcomber contributing writer Charles Morgan credits longtime employee Ann Jones (a/k/a Miss Ann) with the idea of opening the restaurant on Thanksgiving Day....
Where to Spend Your Happy Hours
Baxter’s Bar & Grille 605 James Lee Road Fort Walton Beach 850-812-6868 When: 3-6 PM and 10 PM-Midnight daily. Closed Mondays (for now). Drink Specials: $3 wells, $2 drafts. Camille’s at Crystal...
North Beach Tortilla Co. Offers Sand and Sunsets in Santa Rosa Beach
By Lauren Sage Reinlie Northwest Florida has a new spot to unwind and soak up all the beauty the area has to offer. Chef Jim Shirley’s North Beach Tortilla Co....
Bob Luongo writes: “Two years ago my Jack Russell friend of 15 years died. Penny was my constant companion. For the last two years I’ve had many recurring dreams where I was...
Rock Stars of Comedy… Gallagher Is Coming to Town
By Nikki Hedrick Not many comedians reach household name status. Gallagher, by his account, has logged over 4,000 shows and over a dozen comedy TV specials, and has only been slightly...
Thursday, Nov. 7 AJ’S ON THE BAYOU, Fort Walton Beach HAYES & HOWLAND, 5-9 PM CAMILLE’S, Destin, CamillesAtCrystalBeach.com DEAN SADOWSKI, 3-5 PM G.I. JADE TIKI BAR AND BISTRO, Fort Walton Beach BOBBYD, 6-9 PM Ladies...