The Tree House Episcopal Montessori School is proud to announce it raised over $14,000 in its third annual Capes and Crowns Fun Run and 5K. The event featured more than 300 costumed runners, walkers and pets with all proceeds benefitting the growth and expansion of the school’s educational efforts.
“We are so humbled by the incredible turnout (this year),” says founding director Maureen Paine. “This event’s continued success gives us the opportunity to broaden our program offerings and help more children cultivate a love of learning within our beloved Montessori environment.”
The Capes and Crowns Fun Run and 5K is grateful for the incredible support of its sponsors, who generously contributed time, talent and financial donations to create a one-of-a-kind event that was as fun as it was philanthropic.
Tree House Episcopal Montessori School wants to thank Christ the King Episcopal Church, Abrakadoodle Art Education, Aimee Shaffer, Another Broken Egg Café, Chris Sause of Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Pen Fed Realty, C.W. Roberts Contracting, Daniel W. Uhlfelder P.A. Attorney at Law, Destin Plastic Surgery, Duckie’s Shop of Fun, Emerald Coast Title Services, Enchanted Parties Your Way, Foundations Medical Center, Grayton Beer Company, Hartell’s Village Diner, Jacqueline Ward Images, John Lee Nissan Mazda, Kellbee, Land, Air and Sea Productions, Menchie’s, Music in Pictures, Ophelia Swimwear, Panhandle Performance Athletic Training.
Also, the Phillip, Annie and Parker Stutts Foundation, Pier Park, Pizza by the Sea, Proffitt PR, Regatta Chiropractic and Laser, Rent30A.com, ResortQuest, Rob Weil of Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Beach Properties of Florida, RUN/SUP, Salt Air 30A, Smallcakes Cupcakery and Creamery, Smileology, SoWal Pilates, Specialty Roofers, Tam Tam Stitches, the Village of Baytowne Wharf, Walton Funding, Willow, Whole Life Fitness, and 30A Kids Club Magazine.
Learn more at thetreehousectk.org.
– Julie Cumby
- Art Classes & Workshops
- Art Events
- Art Galleries
- Artist Joey McKenna Steps into Nature This Month at SoWal Library
- Call to Artists
- Adopt a Family for the Holidays
- Community Bank Invests $15,000 in NWF State College Students
- Making an Impact: Over $500K Awarded to Local Nonprofits
- Caring and Sharing: Café Thirty-A’s Annual Christmas Charity Ball
- Hold the Dishwashing, Please… Thanksgiving Dining Out Options
- North Beach Tortilla Co. Offers Sand and Sunsets in Santa Rosa Beach
- Overproof, Full Proof and Navy Strength Rums…and the Cocktails That Love Them
- Restaurant Guide
- Rosemary Beach Prohibition Repeal Wine Dinner Set for Dec. 7
- Where to Spend Your Happy Hours
- It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Hallmark!
- Local Film Screenings
- Reviews: Dafoe and Pattinson Shine in “Lighthouse,” Eddie Gets His Dolemite On
- Eric Paslay’s Favorite Live Tracks
- Live Music
- Rock Stars of Comedy… Gallagher Is Coming to Town
- The Pauseandplay.com Record Roundup
- The Record That Changed My Life: Al Alvarado
Harbor Docks Celebrates 25 Years of Thanksgiving Tradition
By Chris Manson Former Harbor Docks owner and Beachcomber contributing writer Charles Morgan credits longtime employee Ann Jones (a/k/a Miss Ann) with the idea of opening the restaurant on Thanksgiving Day....
Where to Spend Your Happy Hours
Baxter’s Bar & Grille 605 James Lee Road Fort Walton Beach 850-812-6868 When: 3-6 PM and 10 PM-Midnight daily. Closed Mondays (for now). Drink Specials: $3 wells, $2 drafts. Camille’s at Crystal...
North Beach Tortilla Co. Offers Sand and Sunsets in Santa Rosa Beach
By Lauren Sage Reinlie Northwest Florida has a new spot to unwind and soak up all the beauty the area has to offer. Chef Jim Shirley’s North Beach Tortilla Co....
Bob Luongo writes: “Two years ago my Jack Russell friend of 15 years died. Penny was my constant companion. For the last two years I’ve had many recurring dreams where I was...
Thursday, Nov. 7 AJ’S ON THE BAYOU, Fort Walton Beach HAYES & HOWLAND, 5-9 PM CAMILLE’S, Destin, CamillesAtCrystalBeach.com DEAN SADOWSKI, 3-5 PM G.I. JADE TIKI BAR AND BISTRO, Fort Walton Beach BOBBYD, 6-9 PM Ladies...
Rock Stars of Comedy… Gallagher Is Coming to Town
By Nikki Hedrick Not many comedians reach household name status. Gallagher, by his account, has logged over 4,000 shows and over a dozen comedy TV specials, and has only been slightly...