On Sunday, November 13, a bunch of good folks came together for the Friends for Fritz fundraiser at Harry T’s in HarborWalk Village in support of Fritz Wayner, who is battling Stage 4 Pancreatic Cancer. Fritz is perhaps best known to Beachcomber readers as the friendly fellow behind the bar at the Swizzle Stick Lounge on Okaloosa Island.
Event co-organizer Tim Morinelli tells us the evening raised over $14,000. “It made me tear up,” says Morinelli. “It just shows how genuinely helpful people in this town can be and how truly incredible Fritz is as a man.”
Morinelli’s band Flash Flood kicked off the event’s entertainment, followed by a Bo Adams-Brandon Day collaboration that Diki Ross dubbed “Bo-Day-Scious.” Beachcomber Music Award winner Hope Given also performed, along with RoshamBeatles, the Fab Four tribute band featuring members of Roshambo along with Ross and Chris Hayes. Flash Flood’s Rusty Morinelli kept things moving as MC.
“It was the people that put it together that were absolutely the grease that drove this cart,” says Tim. “Dan Empson, Paula Mitchell, Bonita Destin, Dawn Ledford and Russ Jackson, Michelle Fiona, Susan Chang, Matt Leon, and the whole Harry T’s crew. Way too many to list here.”
You can still make a difference by making a donation at gofundme.com/fritz-medical-fund-2uh7wxjg.
- Art Classes & Workshops
- Art Events
- Art Galleries
- Artist Joey McKenna Steps into Nature This Month at SoWal Library
- Call to Artists
- Adopt a Family for the Holidays
- Community Bank Invests $15,000 in NWF State College Students
- Making an Impact: Over $500K Awarded to Local Nonprofits
- Caring and Sharing: Café Thirty-A’s Annual Christmas Charity Ball
- Hold the Dishwashing, Please… Thanksgiving Dining Out Options
- North Beach Tortilla Co. Offers Sand and Sunsets in Santa Rosa Beach
- Overproof, Full Proof and Navy Strength Rums…and the Cocktails That Love Them
- Restaurant Guide
- Rosemary Beach Prohibition Repeal Wine Dinner Set for Dec. 7
- Where to Spend Your Happy Hours
- It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Hallmark!
- Local Film Screenings
- Reviews: Dafoe and Pattinson Shine in “Lighthouse,” Eddie Gets His Dolemite On
- Eric Paslay’s Favorite Live Tracks
- Live Music
- Rock Stars of Comedy… Gallagher Is Coming to Town
- The Pauseandplay.com Record Roundup
- The Record That Changed My Life: Al Alvarado
Where to Spend Your Happy Hours
Baxter’s Bar & Grille 605 James Lee Road Fort Walton Beach 850-812-6868 When: 3-6 PM and 10 PM-Midnight daily. Closed Mondays (for now). Drink Specials: $3 wells, $2 drafts. Camille’s at Crystal...
Harbor Docks Celebrates 25 Years of Thanksgiving Tradition
By Chris Manson Former Harbor Docks owner and Beachcomber contributing writer Charles Morgan credits longtime employee Ann Jones (a/k/a Miss Ann) with the idea of opening the restaurant on Thanksgiving Day....
North Beach Tortilla Co. Offers Sand and Sunsets in Santa Rosa Beach
By Lauren Sage Reinlie Northwest Florida has a new spot to unwind and soak up all the beauty the area has to offer. Chef Jim Shirley’s North Beach Tortilla Co....
Upcoming Stage Shows
FRIDAY, NOV. 8-SATURDAY, NOV. 9 STAGE CRAFTERS’ “THE PAJAMA GAME” Fort Walton Beach Civic Auditorium, 7:30 PM StageCraftersFWB.com Tickets are $25. Cast includes Tim Bartley, Terry Carnathan, David Chancellor, Gabriella Dedmore, Azhia...
Making an Impact: Over $500K Awarded to Local Nonprofits
The members of IMPACT 100 of Northwest Florida voted and announced recently the grant recipients for 2019, awarding five $101,600 grants. Representatives of each nonprofit organization named as a finalist were present,...
Rock Stars of Comedy… Gallagher Is Coming to Town
By Nikki Hedrick Not many comedians reach household name status. Gallagher, by his account, has logged over 4,000 shows and over a dozen comedy TV specials, and has only been slightly...