Withall moved to Florida and worked at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort for her internship in 2008. “That’s where I really started to immerse myself in the business,” she says. After that, she spent four years at Restaurant Fire, where she met and worked with her mentor Chef Carl Schaubhut. “I believe that’s where I found my voice and planted my feet firmly on the ground as a professional chef. Now that I’m at George’s, the journey goes on and I’m very blessed to still keep doing what I love doing.”
Favorite TV Cooking Shows: I think I watch more travel shows and features on chefs from around the world than actual cooking shows. I like Anthony Bourdain’s Parts Unknown, Chef’s Table and Mind of a Chef.
Culinary Idols: I usually look up to Thomas Keller and Jacques Pepin’s knowledge and finesse with their approach to food. Currently, I love Ramael Scully’s Nopi cookbook (based on his restaurant recipes) and how he uses different Middle Eastern and Asian flavors together. And of course, my mom, who’s never cooked a bad meal in her life.
Guilty Pleasures: I love desserts. I cannot seem to turn them down. And Cocoa Pebbles. Which is almost like dessert, I guess.
Signature Dish: I make really good Peruvian Chicken and paella.
Major Accomplishments: I still consider myself a young, learning chef in this business. I’ve been with George’s for almost three years now, and it has been quite a learning process. Every day is really different. I do enjoy coming up with new things to try out with my kitchen crew. If I have inspired new cooks to keep enjoying what they’re doing or imparted them with new techniques that can be very useful to them, then I consider those major accomplishments.
- Author and Filmmaker Junger Takes Center Stage at NWF Reads
- Book Clubs
- Poetry Contest Winners Announced
- Recommended Reading
- Corner Wine Bar Offers Medley of Contrasting Tastes, Textures
- Sandestin Wine Festival – Come for the Wine, Stay for the Fun
- A Million Dollar Lineup for Bands of 30A’s April 14 Event
- Jazz on the Lawn at Destin Library with BMA Winner Cheryl Jones
- Stranger Things…
- The Pauseandplay.com Record Roundup
- Towne: The Records That Changed Our Lives
- VS. – The Battle of Record Store Day 2019
- Woody Still Matters
- Gumbo Fest Benefits Sandestin Kids
- NWF State College Part 1 – Big Wins for Marketing and PR Team
- NWF State College Part 2 – Collegiate High Schoolers Dominate at Math Bowl
THROUGH APRIL 26. “FRESH START” AT EAST END GALLERY, INLET BEACH Gallery hours are 10 AM-4 PM Mon.-Fri. and Saturdays by appointment. Call 850-252-5150 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info. THROUGH APRIL 29. THE...
Art Classes & Workshops
ARTS AND DESIGN SOCIETY (ADSO) Classes at the Art Center Gallery, Fort Walton Beach. More info at artsdesignsociety.org. Mondays and Wednesdays. Clay and Pottery Open Studio, 9 AM-noon both days and 6:30-9 PM Mondays....
Nikki Hedrick: 5 Ways You Can Support the Arts
Buy something. When you’re essentially a small business as a creative individual, it’s amazing how far an extra $20 here and there can go. Buy a CD, a piece of art, t-shirt,...