Withall moved to Florida and worked at Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort for her internship in 2008. “That’s where I really started to immerse myself in the business,” she says. After that, she spent four years at Restaurant Fire, where she met and worked with her mentor Chef Carl Schaubhut. “I believe that’s where I found my voice and planted my feet firmly on the ground as a professional chef. Now that I’m at George’s, the journey goes on and I’m very blessed to still keep doing what I love doing.”
Favorite TV Cooking Shows: I think I watch more travel shows and features on chefs from around the world than actual cooking shows. I like Anthony Bourdain’s Parts Unknown, Chef’s Table and Mind of a Chef.
Culinary Idols: I usually look up to Thomas Keller and Jacques Pepin’s knowledge and finesse with their approach to food. Currently, I love Ramael Scully’s Nopi cookbook (based on his restaurant recipes) and how he uses different Middle Eastern and Asian flavors together. And of course, my mom, who’s never cooked a bad meal in her life.
Guilty Pleasures: I love desserts. I cannot seem to turn them down. And Cocoa Pebbles. Which is almost like dessert, I guess.
Signature Dish: I make really good Peruvian Chicken and paella.
Major Accomplishments: I still consider myself a young, learning chef in this business. I’ve been with George’s for almost three years now, and it has been quite a learning process. Every day is really different. I do enjoy coming up with new things to try out with my kitchen crew. If I have inspired new cooks to keep enjoying what they’re doing or imparted them with new techniques that can be very useful to them, then I consider those major accomplishments.
- Art Classes & Workshops
- Art Events
- Art Galleries
- Artist Joey McKenna Steps into Nature This Month at SoWal Library
- Call to Artists
- Adopt a Family for the Holidays
- Community Bank Invests $15,000 in NWF State College Students
- Making an Impact: Over $500K Awarded to Local Nonprofits
- Caring and Sharing: Café Thirty-A’s Annual Christmas Charity Ball
- Hold the Dishwashing, Please… Thanksgiving Dining Out Options
- North Beach Tortilla Co. Offers Sand and Sunsets in Santa Rosa Beach
- Overproof, Full Proof and Navy Strength Rums…and the Cocktails That Love Them
- Restaurant Guide
- Rosemary Beach Prohibition Repeal Wine Dinner Set for Dec. 7
- Where to Spend Your Happy Hours
- It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Hallmark!
- Local Film Screenings
- Reviews: Dafoe and Pattinson Shine in “Lighthouse,” Eddie Gets His Dolemite On
- Eric Paslay’s Favorite Live Tracks
- Live Music
- Rock Stars of Comedy… Gallagher Is Coming to Town
- The Pauseandplay.com Record Roundup
- The Record That Changed My Life: Al Alvarado
Harbor Docks Celebrates 25 Years of Thanksgiving Tradition
By Chris Manson Former Harbor Docks owner and Beachcomber contributing writer Charles Morgan credits longtime employee Ann Jones (a/k/a Miss Ann) with the idea of opening the restaurant on Thanksgiving Day....
Where to Spend Your Happy Hours
Baxter’s Bar & Grille 605 James Lee Road Fort Walton Beach 850-812-6868 When: 3-6 PM and 10 PM-Midnight daily. Closed Mondays (for now). Drink Specials: $3 wells, $2 drafts. Camille’s at Crystal...
North Beach Tortilla Co. Offers Sand and Sunsets in Santa Rosa Beach
By Lauren Sage Reinlie Northwest Florida has a new spot to unwind and soak up all the beauty the area has to offer. Chef Jim Shirley’s North Beach Tortilla Co....
Bob Luongo writes: “Two years ago my Jack Russell friend of 15 years died. Penny was my constant companion. For the last two years I’ve had many recurring dreams where I was...
Thursday, Nov. 7 AJ’S ON THE BAYOU, Fort Walton Beach HAYES & HOWLAND, 5-9 PM CAMILLE’S, Destin, CamillesAtCrystalBeach.com DEAN SADOWSKI, 3-5 PM G.I. JADE TIKI BAR AND BISTRO, Fort Walton Beach BOBBYD, 6-9 PM Ladies...
Rock Stars of Comedy… Gallagher Is Coming to Town
By Nikki Hedrick Not many comedians reach household name status. Gallagher, by his account, has logged over 4,000 shows and over a dozen comedy TV specials, and has only been slightly...